Super Bowl Mania

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

THE SUPER BOWL IS THIS SUNDAY!
WILL YOU WATCH?
DO YOU WATCH FOR THE GAME OR THE COMMERCIALS?
WHAT'S ON THE MENU?
WHAT TEAM ARE YOU ROOTING FOR THIS YEAR?

1612471773686.png

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
OK, so we're rooting for KC despite the fact we used to live in the Tampa Bay area...lol I just love Mahomes. Brady has enough dang rings!

Love the commercials, however I hear many have backed off this year due to Covid and many of the major advertisers will not be involved this year. Who knows...maybe a new crop of ads will appear from new sources?

ON the menu, which is always a "thing" here, are Jalepeno Poppers and a large plate of Nachos! Tums for dessert.

I too love Patric M. I really like their coach too. I really like both teams though and seeing Brady make history would be fun too. Who ever has the ball is who I will be rooting for. It’s going to be fun.

Reactions: Debi
We are football people. For generations, it has been a major thing. My Grandfather died from pneumonia that he got while refereeing a football game in the freezing cold with a cold. My Dad played for the University of Texas and then some semipro after the war. I played and so for us, the Superbowl is sort of like a holiday.

I am more for a good game than for either team. I really like Mahomes but then I also like the idea of Brady getting another ring while Belichick sits at home and watches. Belichick got caught cheating too many times for my taste. I suspect that he just got caught a small portion of the times that he was a party to things like bugging the visiting team's locker room and sending people to try and steal signals at the other team's practice. Brady is once and for all answering the question about who exactly was responsible for the 20 year run of greatness that New England has had. Belichick is good, maybe even great, but all too often for my taste he placed winning over honor and a win that you cheated to win was a loss for football.

Like all holidays we will be cooing today for tomorrow. This is a finger food feast. We will be stuffing jalapeno peppers with spiced creamed cheese and then wrapping them with bacon. Stuffing mushrooms, several types of dips for both chips and veggies. I like ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and then raisins on top) and celery stuffed with pimento cheese with diced jalapenos...my wife likes them withOUT the jalapenos, she is a tenderfoot when it comes to hot stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
I haven't watched an NFL game since the last strike. The idea of millionaires striking against billionaires finally put me off the game. I'll watch/record 12-15 college games a week, and will often watch a college game or two on Sundays in the fall.

Last edited:
Tex, a man after my own heart . Good food with clever names.

We are football people. For generations, it has been a major thing. My Grandfather died from pneumonia that he got while refereeing a football game in the freezing cold with a cold. My Dad played for the University of Texas and then some semipro after the war. I played and so for us, the Superbowl is sort of like a holiday.

I am more for a good game than for either team. I really like Mahomes but then I also like the idea of Brady getting another ring while Belichick sits at home and watches. Belichick got caught cheating too many times for my taste. I suspect that he just got caught a small portion of the times that he was a party to things like bugging the visiting team's locker room and sending people to try and steal signals at the other team's practice. Brady is once and for all answering the question about who exactly was responsible for the 20 year run of greatness that New England has had. Belichick is good, maybe even great, but all too often for my taste he placed winning over honor and a win that you cheated to win was a loss for football.

Like all holidays we will be cooing today for tomorrow. This is a finger food feast. We will be stuffing jalapeno peppers with spiced creamed cheese and then wrapping them with bacon. Stuffing mushrooms, several types of dips for both chips and veggies. I like ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and then raisins on top) and celery stuffed with pimento cheese with diced jalapenos...my wife likes them withOUT the jalapenos, she is a tenderfoot when it comes to hot stuff.
YAY! Another football person on board! Lynne and I were afraid of being the only ones again this year...lol

The food sounds good. We consider the Nachos and poppers to also fall into that finger food category. Easy fix.