Sunrise/Sunset

Yes, there was an extremely interesting sunset for me back in 1988.

At that time, I was dating a woman I had previously attempted - but failed - to date way back in high school. We just didn't click until ten years later. On some random Sunday, we had gone to a small park over looking the cliffs of La Jolla, California, for an early dinner and she asked about staying to watch the sunset. She asked if I had any idea of what time sunset might be and I said, "6PM." She quizzed be because I seemed pretty politely emphatic about that statement. So I repeated, "6PM - exactly" clearly with even more confidence. Now way back in 1988, we didn't have smart phones and I wasn't into watching the morning weather report; so my supposed confidence came from somewhere outside of my mundane senses.

She seemed so intrigued by my near insistence on the timing of sunset that she demanded we stay and watch this thing play out. Knowing my own psychic nature, I was very interested too but thought that maybe it would be better if we didn't hang around in case I might be right. But, we did at her request.

So as the time reached 5:50PM, we decided to sit right on the edge of the park looking out to the ocean; and, I took my watch off of my wrist too. As time approached 5:59PM, I lift my watch up so that the two of us could see it within our line-of-sight as we both looked out to the ocean and the sun. Just as the top edge of the sun slipped into the ocean, we both look over to my watch and saw the sweeping second hand cross past the right hand side of the "12" - it was in fact exactly 6PM by the reading of my watch. I have no idea how far off my wind up watch might have been from exactly synched with some official time piece; but that didn't really matter. The sun did in fact set that day at exactly 6PM based on a clear view of my watch - as I had apparently knew that it would.

Nothing more meaningful happened that day.

Now for anyone who has read any of my other past PNF postings, this event happened at the same park (within only a few hundred feet in fact of) where fewer than five years later I would encounter a mysterious woman named "Sundata". That's a whole different and lengthy post. But it makes me wonder now thinking back on both experiences if that exact spot wasn't in someway mystical - magickal in a manner all of it's own.

Editing to amend with the following two thoughts.
1. In the first few years following this event, I thought that it was likely that my mind somehow connected with the science behind the movement of the Earth and the Sun and extrapolated the answer.
2. But later as a more experienced and mature mystic, I came to accept that my subconscious probably got the answer to my GF’s question as a full visual premonition but didn’t upload the complete story into my consciousness. Therefore, my consciousness only got the gross answer which I quoted aloud never knowing there was a larger set of knowledge below the surface.

Last edited:

At that time, I was dating a woman I had previously attempted - but failed - to date way back in high school. We just didn't click until ten years later. On some random Sunday, we had gone to a small park over looking the cliffs of La Jolla, California, for an early dinner and she asked about staying to watch the sunset. She asked if I had any idea of what time sunset might be and I said, "6PM." She quizzed be because I seemed pretty politely emphatic about that statement. So I repeated, "6PM - exactly" clearly with even more confidence. Now way back in 1988, we didn't have smart phones and I wasn't into watching the morning weather report; so my supposed confidence came from somewhere outside of my mundane senses.

She seemed so intrigued by my near insistence on the timing of sunset that she demanded we stay and watch this thing play out. Knowing my own psychic nature, I was very interested too but thought that maybe it would be better if we didn't hang around in case I might be right. But, we did at her request.

So as the time reached 5:50PM, we decided to sit right on the edge of the park looking out to the ocean; and, I took my watch off of my wrist too. As time approached 5:59PM, I lift my watch up so that the two of us could see it within our line-of-sight as we both looked out to the ocean and the sun. Just as the top edge of the sun slipped into the ocean, we both look over to my watch and saw the sweeping second hand cross past the right hand side of the "12" - it was in fact exactly 6PM by the reading of my watch. I have no idea how far off my wind up watch might have been from exactly synched with some official time piece; but that didn't really matter. The sun did in fact set that day at exactly 6PM based on a clear view of my watch - as I had apparently knew that it would.

Now for anyone who has read any of my other past PNF postings, this event happened at the same park (within only a few hundred feet in fact of) where fewer than five years later I would encounter a mysterious woman named "Sundata". That's a whole different and lengthy post. But it makes me wonder now thinking back on both experiences if that exact spot wasn't in someway mystical - magickal in a manner all of it's own.

1. In the first few years following this event, I thought that it was likely that my mind somehow connected with the science behind the movement of the Earth and the Sun and extrapolated the answer.
2. But later as a more experienced and mature mystic, I came to accept that my subconscious probably got the answer to my GF’s question as a full visual premonition but didn’t upload the complete story into my consciousness. Therefore, my consciousness only got the gross answer which I quoted aloud never knowing there was a larger set of knowledge below the surface.
I loved reading this. A great topic and experience. Well written. I think wherever you go Wands the magic follows. I think it could have been any time on any beach. You were meant to have these experiences. They were guide posts in your journey.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman

Thank you for sharing that! It sounded like you were in tune with Mother Nature herself!