Sunrise/Sunset

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHICH DO YOU PREFER? IS THERE ANY TIME A SUNSET OR SUNRISE WAS SPECIAL FOR YOU?

67337573_397660130865580_1759646396069183488_n (Small).jpg

I prefer sunrise, because it is my favorite time of day.

I have an image of my brother ( who is no longer with us ) on a tractor at sunset fixed in my mind. At the time I told myself " you don't have a camera with you, so take a photo in your mind." It was a beautiful sunset with my brother silhouetted against the sky.

so take a photo in your mind
I have always done this and have my own mental snapshot collection. :)

And pictures don't show the emotions we are feeling! I have a picture of a very special sunset to me on the pier in Key West. It was so picture perfect, yet the emotions I felt could not be captured by the camera. That sunset will be in my heart and mind always....one of those "moments of extreme clarity" where everything seemed to snap together, be bigger and clearer, than in normal time.

I prefer sunset, but there was a sunrise over the desert once that left a memory.... beautiful sight as it came up over the mountains. so many colors and shadows...so peaceful...and then there is a sunset over the Atlantic that ill always remember., the temperature, the smells of the boardwalk, the salt in the air, the people....just a perfect combination of sensory overload......

I love sunset,actually after it sets,all us entities prefer it lol,I like sunrise also,it means I survived the night.I remember as a young guy I snuck into my first girlfriends house(with her approval of course)When the sun rose I snuck out,what a great sunrise.

Sun set because I see more of them :D It’s nice to relax as the evening comes on. The day is often so busy. Knowing that activity follows the sunrise puts it second place. Sunset marks the end of work usually and a chance to relax.

Sun set because I see more of them :D It’s nice to relax as the evening comes on. The day is often so busy. Knowing that activity follows the sunrise puts it second place. Sunset marks the end of work usually and a chance to relax.
I love this explanation.

Reactions: Donna K. and Lynne
I prefer sunrise. Mark Twain though..."in his book, Life on the Mississippi, Mark Twain revels in the stunning sunsets he witnessed in The Nostril of Iowa, writing, “And I remember The Nostril of Iowa—still more pleasantly—for its summer sunsets. I have never seen any, on either side of the ocean, that equaled them.”