Summertime

Summer means light cloths and going out without a jacket. Watching the flowers bloom. I love summer and hate to see the winter come. I’m positive I should have been born in the south. MI is beautiful in summer and fall but the other 8 months are either cold or wet.

I had two bikes and loved them. Kids don’t seem to use them anymore.
That's a shame! I do occasionally see a young adult riding a bike, but they usually are listening to music or talking on a cell phone.

I was much more a summer child then summer adult. Lightening bugs, Swing the Statute, Red Light Green Light, walking to the corner drug store for soda's (actual soda fountain sodas) or two more blocks to A&W for frosty root beer floats if we could irritate the adults enough to pay us to leave. Climbing tree's and being free.

Oops I forgot. My first bike, I was barely 6 and tiny it was a monster and I rode it for six more years. Once I could actually control it.

first bike.jpg

Oops I forgot. My first bike, I was barely 6 and tiny it was a monster and I rode it for six more years. Once I could actually control it.

View attachment 18987
Omg ! I had the same bike. Mine was blue too. My parents did the same thing, bought a bike I could GROW into! I was 6 or 7 and almost killed myself learning to ride it. We didn’t have helmets or knee pads back then and my parents didn’t believe in training wheels. I had to run and JUMP on. You probably know the epic falls that took place. I was determined to master it and I did. However I longed for years to have a bike that fit me. Eventually I grew into it but by then I was ready for a 10 speed.

As a child, I wore only a pair of cutoff jean shorts, no shirt, no shoes. To me summer is walking around barefoot.

I agree that at least one trip to the beach must happen in the summer, smelling the salt air, walking in the sand, and hearing waves crash. My goal this year is to take my bicycle and ride and ride. I won't ride on the sandy beach, perhaps a boardwalk. Early morning as the sun rises over the Eastern ocean is what I see in my head.

One day this summer I will make my annual blueberry milkshakes. And drink them for a few days.:)
The farmstand and the county fair. Long evening daylight for 18 holes after work. Going to a few Sox games.
I think the bikes in the opening picture are Schwinn Stingray. The ones with the banana seat.

As a child, I wore only a pair of cutoff jean shorts, no shirt, no shoes. To me summer is walking around barefoot.

I agree that at least one trip to the beach must happen in the summer, smelling the salt air, walking in the sand, and hearing waves crash. My goal this year is to take my bicycle and ride and ride. I won't ride on the sandy beach, perhaps a boardwalk. Early morning as the sun rises over the Eastern ocean is what I see in my head.
I loved the beach as a kid but since then the water has been polluted too badly in my opinion to go into. There is too much sewer over flow allowed into our lakes and theres E. Coli present. So I haven’t swam in a local beach in 20 years. It’s a sad thing when a beach needs a pool for kids to swim.

Reactions: Donna K. and Debi