Summertime

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT SAYS "SUMMER" OR "MEMORIES" TO YOU? IT CAN BE ANYTHING! ADD ON!

AND WHO HAD ONE OF THESE?

61959427_2821552474573466_5138134526563713024_n (Small).jpg

I'm middle-aged now, so nothing says 'summer' to me like sweating out yard work.

Although now it's starting to also be heralded by "Road trip with the boy." I just finished the last of the planning before hitting this forum. We had a lot of fun last year, so we're doing it again, this time looping through the desert southwest.

I'm middle-aged now, so nothing says 'summer' to me like sweating out yard work.

Although now it's starting to also be heralded by "Road trip with the boy." I just finished the last of the planning before hitting this forum. We had a lot of fun last year, so we're doing it again, this time looping through the desert southwest.
Oh! Pictures please!

Reactions: Donna K. and Lynne
Oh! Pictures please!
Of course. We're heading out 40 west, stopping at Blanchard Springs Cavern on the first day, then hitting Petrified Forest National Park on day 3. We'll end our west run at Hoover Dam, stay there a day and a half, then head northeast. We'll hit the CCC/POW camp in Salina, UT, pass through Grand Junction and visit the Veteran's Cemetery there, and then - if the roads have cleared by then - up the the Alpine Visitor's Center in Rocky Mountain National Park. From there we're heading the Royal Gorge, up through the Center of the lower 48, and up to Omaha to see the Union Pacific museum, the Desert Dome, and Freedom Park. From there it'll just be a slog home.

The trip is designed to avoid driving after dark. I'm especially wary of that in the southwest. And I'll give him the warning about not acknowledging anything unusual he might see out in the desert in the event we are out in the night.

Of course. We're heading out 40 west, stopping at Blanchard Springs Cavern on the first day, then hitting Petrified Forest National Park on day 3. We'll end our west run at Hoover Dam, stay there a day and a half, then head northeast. We'll hit the CCC/POW camp in Salina, UT, pass through Grand Junction and visit the Veteran's Cemetery there, and then - if the roads have cleared by then - up the the Alpine Visitor's Center in Rocky Mountain National Park. From there we're heading the Royal Gorge, up through the Center of the lower 48, and up to Omaha to see the Union Pacific museum, the Desert Dome, and Freedom Park. From there it'll just be a slog home.

The trip is designed to avoid driving after dark. I'm especially wary of that in the southwest. And I'll give him the warning about not acknowledging anything unusual he might see out in the desert in the event we are out in the night.
Sounds like a great time.

Reactions: Donna K.
Summer means light cloths and going out without a jacket. Watching the flowers bloom. I love summer and hate to see the winter come. I’m positive I should have been born in the south. MI is beautiful in summer and fall but the other 8 months are either cold or wet.

I had two bikes and loved them. Kids don’t seem to use them anymore.