Summer Solstice Blessings to all!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
35760311_1078907932258152_3899547270718160896_n.png

35884807_1079030505579228_3448069873454809088_n.png

Today is the Summer Solstice also known as Litha. It is the longest day of the year, it won't get dark until very late into the night, there will be at least 16/17 hours of daylight. Litha means a stopping or standing still of the sun, in Latin Solstice means 'Sun Still' it is one of the 8 Pagan solar holidays throughout the year called a Sabbat. This may be the longest day of the year but after today the days will start to get shorter and nights longer.

This is a day of celebrations, the Goddess is heavily pregnant with the harvest to come. The Lord of light The Oak King is at the height of his power. But this is also a day of sadness because today the Sun God The Oak King (God of the waxing Sun) battles with the Lord Of Darkness (God of the waning Sun) The Holly King and the Holly King will win and start to take over the skies. After today the Sun slowly starts to lose its strength, the days will get shorter and the nights longer, as we look to Autumn and Winter. The Oak King (The Lord Of Light) is born on Yule (the Winter Solstice) and he shines so brightly for 6 months of the year but this weakens him. The Holly King (The Lord Of Darkness) lays in wait until Litha for the Oak King to use his last ounce of strength to make sure the earth has enough power for the harvest to come. The Oak King (The Lord Of Light) will slowly descends into the underworld his journey will not be complete until Samhain (Halloween) When the Holly King (The Lord Of Darkness) will take over the skies.

Reactions: 7Critter
Thank you Debi, blessings to you also & to all others that this might apply to :)

Reactions: Debi and 7Critter
From steamy Central Florida I bid you all a “Hot Bless”.

All the windows in my house are dripping with dew. I can barely see outside. But I’ve been out this morning with my small animal horde and I’ll tell you that it is h.o.t!

Reactions: Debi
That Video of atone heinge is very majestic.