Summer Cruisin.....

**passing out boots to the ladies to get through the river of testosterone** :p
istock_000019869695small.jpg

Maggie May
Greg kihn The Breakup Song
The Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street record
The Kinks Give the People What They Want record.
Some Girls record. Emotional Rescue or Steel Wheels are good summertime records. Voodoo Lounge. Ok ok, I want all the Rolling Stones records.

Had a 1972 Chevy Impala convertible. Deep green. One year in high school we went to the drive-in almost every night.

we went to the drive-in almost every night

The drive-in takes me back, magic times.
I miss the drive in. They still have them but now instead of the crackly speaker you mounted on your mirror, you tune into a radio station for sound. Probably now even more modern ways but it's been too long since i been to one.

Selectric, 20 years ago I painted a half a dozen drive-in movie screens. One claimed to be the world's largest drive-in movie screen. Tibbs Drive Inn in Indianapolis. I forgot how wide it was but we had a 65 ft boom lift and it barely reached the top.

The concession stand was 200 yards away and the only place to tap into water for the pressure washer. Regular garden hose would be a trickle at that distance. So I rented two hundred yards of big air compressor hose and somebody made a fitting to screw it into the pressure washer.

The couple that own the drive-onn knew that I was crazy about drive-ins and gave me the behind-the-scenes tour.

We almost didn't finish the big one on time. It was the first day of the season and we were still painting the black line along the bottom when the when the dancing hot dog cartoon* started. The place was packed and everybody kept yelling "You missed a spot !"
Fun times.
* oh you know the one !

Selectric, 20 years ago I painted a half a dozen drive-in movie screens. One claimed to be the world's largest drive-in movie screen. Tibbs Drive Inn in Indianapolis. I forgot how wide it was but we had a 65 ft boom lift and it barely reached the top.

The concession stand was 200 yards away and the only place to tap into water for the pressure washer. Regular garden hose would be a trickle at that distance. So I rented two hundred yards of big air compressor hose and somebody made a fitting to screw it into the pressure washer.

The couple that own the drive-onn knew that I was crazy about drive-ins and gave me the behind-the-scenes tour.

We almost didn't finish the big one on time. It was the first day of the season and we were still painting the black line along the bottom when the when the dancing hot dog cartoon* started. The place was packed and everybody kept yelling "You missed a spot !"
Fun times.
* oh you know the one !
Cool story.

Reactions: Paintman