Sudden fogs.......thick air.

Rowan2222

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
This has happened several times to me. Twice in one flat and at investigations.

The feeling of thick air is a change in the atmosphere such that it seems harder to move through an area and breathe. It feels different - like the air is heavy and thicker than normal.
The sudden fogs are paranormal in origin. They don't flow in or out - they are sudden, happen instantaneously and often disappear just as quickly. It's a visible phenomenon, and appears just like fog is filling the room.

Sometimes other things happen at the same time or after and may be part of spirit activity.

I am just wondering what others think of the phenomenon and if it has happened to you?

This has happened several times to me. Twice in one flat and at investigations.

The feeling of thick air is a change in the atmosphere such that it seems harder to move through an area and breathe. It feels different - like the air is heavy and thicker than normal.
The sudden fogs are paranormal in origin. They don't flow in or out - they are sudden, happen instantaneously and often disappear just as quickly. It's a visible phenomenon, and appears just like fog is filling the room.

Sometimes other things happen at the same time or after and may be part of spirit activity.

I am just wondering what others think of the phenomenon and if it has happened to you?
Yes, many times, and it is sometimes referred to as "ecto mist" or "ecto fog". Now, there are many different explanations offered. One is that the change in room temperature when a spirit comes in and drops that air temp by sucking the energy out of the room causes an actual "fog" to happen with the temp change. The extra charged energy in the room then also feels "heavy".

Another explanation is one of portal openings....from one dimension to another, and these fogs have also been reported at scenes of disappearances, apports, and abductions.

One more I've heard of is the reason for the name itself...the spiritualists used to report ectoplasm that would fill the room...this was reported to be from the spirit world and medium to manifest the spirits coming through.

Whatever the actual reason, it's often reported and the experience is very palpable.

I've never experienced it myself but is interesting.Could be why a lot of horror films are set in thick fog/mist.I think its an ancient fear though as predators could have easily stalked us up close in the cover of fog.

I’ve not seen this but have heard tv people mention it. Very interesting theories.

Reactions: Donna K.
I heard such thing from a friend once.
First I thought he was kidding me, but then I realized how serious he was. He is very susceptible to paranormal happenings. He also seemed kinda scared of it somehow. But he didn't talked very much about it tho.

Reactions: Lynne