Subway: Being tolerant or being bullied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/04/30/subway-muslim-customers-fast-food/8507373/

I understand that consuming pork is forbidden in the Muslim religion. I also understand that Subway is trying to accommodate a portion of its customer base. However, what I don't understand is why pork must be removed completely from the menu. Why is it necessary to keep everyone else from being able to order bacon or ham?

Where are the kosher Subway restaurants? Or does Subway not care about their Jewish customers?

I'm not bashing Muslims, but it seems to me there should be room for some middle ground. Subway is doing a disservice to the rest of their customer base, IMO.

If this happened at a (insert name of fast food restaurant here) in the US, how would you react? I would probably not patronize that particular shop again.

Reactions: Naked Apple
This is the classic "My way or no way!" approach to any group who insists that only their way is right. You can insert any group name in my statement. Muslim, atheist, Christian, Jewish, etc. Whatever happened to honoring each other's beliefs? Having tolerance for each other and making room for everyone? Such extremism is growing leaps and bounds and is one of the scariest trends I see in today's world.

Reactions: surge
I don't understand all this PC crap. If you don't eat pork, great. Get a turkey sandwich. There's no reason for everyone else to do without.

Reactions: surge
Status
Not open for further replies.