Stuff is disappearing from my room...

DareDaniel

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been renting a room in a flat with 3 more people since beginning of this year.
One friend I've known for 10 years, his gf and another guy I never met before, in other words, a stranger to me. In the past few months, some of my stuff has been disappearing from my room, but recently it started getting creepier. These are the episodes that happened to me, in chronological order:

Lunch bag gone
I honestly didn't care as I thought I just lost it somewhere. I'm talking a lunch bag that I had before, I used to take it to work and back home and thought I left it somewhere, no big deal. I also thought that someone in the house stole it from me, but without any proof, I never mentioned it to anyone. I just forgot about it.

Deodorant gone
For one month, my gf was staying with me in the room. She's someone who likes to keep the space clean and organized. My deodorant was standing on some furniture, next to some of her make-up stuff, etc. What I mean is, we know it was there the whole time. One day, the deodorant was gone. My gf searched everywhere in the room and couldn't find it. I joked about it disappearing just like the lunch bag, but didn't find any explanation to it.

Bedroom door unlocked
Before leaving the house in the morning, I always keep the door of my bedroom locked. It's important however to mention that the lock always had a problem. Sometimes, even if I rotate the key to lock or unlock the door, nothing will happen. That is why, after locking the door, I always push it to make sure that I locked it successfully. In the past few weeks, the door was unlocked and a bit opened when I arrived home for 2 times. My first reaction was to check if anything in my room was gone, but nope. All my electronic devices still there, and all my money which I always keep it hidden. At this point, I started suspecting that someone was using some device to unlock my door, but couldn't lock it again. Either that, or I didn't really check properly if I left it locked before leaving the house. I started getting a bit paranoic such as, leaving my bedroom in the morning, walking to the entrance door and coming back to my bedroom to check it again.

PS Vita memory card gone
This is the moment is gets way too creppy for me. It happened a few days ago. On last thursday night, I transfered some movies to my PS Vita. The reason I did that was because I was going to travel to my hometown the next day, and wanted to entertain myself during the bus travel. The next day, I took a shower in the morning, put my PS Vita inside its case and then I put it inside my luggage. I took the luggage to my office to go directly to the bus station after work. I came to the bus, turned on the device and I had no reaction when it said that it couldn't detect any memory card inside. I opened the slot thinking somethng was wrong with it and it just wasn't there. Keep in mind that it just can't come out easily, you have to open the slot using your nail and you still have to push the memory card for it to come out. It was still there the night before because I transfered the movies and even played them (if the memory card wasn't there, I couldn't transfer them and play them in the first place). I tried to be logical about it. I took a shower in the morning which means I left my bedroom for 10 minutes. The toilet is next to the bedroom. I immediatly thought that someone came to my room during my time in the toilet and stole it from me. The strange thing is that my PS Vita has always been in my bedroom, visible to anyone who wanted to enter the bedroom. If they wanted to steal something,they could have done it in any other ocasion that I went to take a shower. Or when the bedroom got unlocked. Why did this happen in the exact time I wanted to use this console (keep in mind that it's very rare for me to use that console, I haven't played anything in it in years and just wanted to use it that time to watch movies... and it has been in my bedroom since beginning of this year). And it's impossible that someone would do it in my office (mostly older people here, Ps vita was inside the luggage...). All in all, the only time someone could have stole it for me, it was during my time in the toilet. Strange part is the timming it happened, and why that little memory card when I've so many other things around anyone can just take (like a deodorant, a lunch bag...).

Door unlocked... AGAIN
I was away for the weekend from my bedroom, so obviously I made sure that before leaving my room last friday, I checked if the door was locked by pushing it as hard as possible before leaving the house. I arrived back on sunday night (yesterday), gave it a little push... and I opened it. It was unlocked again.

My gf's 6th sense and her paranormal episode in the bedroom
My gf has some history with some of this activity. I honestly never cared about it since I've never believed in it, so she never mentions anything about it to me. However, after talking to her about these episodes, she told me that something strange ocurred to her during her stay in that bedroom. She used to spend the mornings in the room and she said that once, she fell asleep and when she opened her eyes, she couldn't move. She says she felt petrified. No reaction, no move, nothing. she said that she never liked that bedroom and it always felt strange to her.

Deodorant back!?!?!?
The previous episodes were creeping me out but I just couldn't believe that, in the morning, when I woke up... the deodorant was back to the place it was. It showed up again MONTHS later after it disappeared. I just couldn't believe it. Even took a picture and sent it to my gf (I can post the pic later). I arrived to the bedroom sunday night and didn't see it there. I only found it this morning. Did someone in the house opened my room to put it back there? I didn't even touch it.

Using a go-pro like camara to record
This morning I used a camera that I have to record what was happening in the bedroom during my time in the toilet. I checked the video quickly but no one came to my room during those 10 minutes. I will check it more carefully after coming back home.

Stuck in the room
I always lock the door everytime I'm in the room. This means I've to use the key to unlock it if I want to leave. The door lock has been acting very strange lately, for example, it has been getting harder to unlock it from inside the room. sometimes I have to give it a few tries. however, this morning, I was completely stuck inside. I had to call my friend in the house, pass him the key under the door, and he opened the door from outside. I'm not locking the door ever again. This happened right after I used the camera to record any activity in the room during my time in the toilet. I never got stuck inside my bedroom ever before.

Logical explanation or paranormal activity?
For me the only logical explanation is that someone in my house (the stranger) has some mental issues and has been trolling me by unlocking the door using some kind of device to steal away very small things from me. This could explain why the doorlock has been acting so bad, because he was been forcing it to open. This person stays home all day, while the other 2 people in the house always leave to go to work. However, it would be way too strange why some of the stuff disappeared and especially the timmings. how could the memory card be gone right when I wanted to use my ps vita? why would the deodorant come back and why would I get stuck in the room after trying to that the person or GHOST after he got angry at me????

What should I do? Please believe me this is 100% true. I would have no reason to spend more than 1 hour in my working time typing all this information. I've never been in any forum of this kind and never believed in paranormal activity but it's just too strange what's been happening and I wouldnt be here if my wasn't concerned.

Last edited:
Welcome DD. These things can be paranormal. Not saying it is but it is possible. I myself have had issues with objects appearing and disappearing throughout my life. I believe you. Regardless of the cause moving might be a good idea. If it’s someone in the house, this is not a safe place. If it’s paranormal it appears to be connected to the residence. I have found demanding the items be returned (talking to the air, in a strong tone) works quite often. Keep us posted on what you decide to do or if you have more activity. In the meantime you might find this helpful:PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

Thank you, I was looking at that topic before.

First thing I'll do is to ask my landlord to change the doorlock. As for the activity beeing connected to the residence, you have a point there. This is a very old flat and there are traces that there was a fire inside my bedroom. I guess that, for that reason, the walls have old fashioned paper-like wall coverings. This is the only space in the house where the walls look like this. I will ask the landlord what happened in that bedroom.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Firstly, hi! Welcome to the forum! Everyone on this forum is here because we've had things happen to us that we couldn't explain. You're in good company here!

Have you asked your flatmates about these things? Just casually mention something like Hey, i could have sworn i left my door locked when i left this.morning, has anyone been in there? And watch their reactions.
The memory card thing sounds to me like you might. have a mischievous ghost on your hands. Maybe they didn't approve of the movies you picked! I think the important thing is to reclaim your space. It.might feel silly, but just stating out loud that this is your room, you live here now, and you aren't amused by having your belongings tampered with, both to your roommates and to the.ghost, might be the answer. If it is a ghost, being very clear that you know they're there and won't tolerate any more silliness is important. And if its a guilty flatmate, outing the behavior to the rest of the household.might put a stop to it.
I would also suggest keeping that camera up and filming at random times here and there. You just might catch paranormal.activity evidence. You might also repllace the door lock entirely, maybe with something more tamperproof. It sounds to me like you might have a ghost that just wants you to know it's there. You might try asking it to bring back your lunchbag and memory card like it did the deodorant and see what happens!

Others on the board will also have suggestions and ideas for you. We have members from around the globe and all walks of life and we're all here to share and help each other. :)

Thank you. I mentioned it all these events to my friend now, it seems he didn't do it. That leaves the other stranger as the person that could have been doing this. However, the memory card thing (the timming!!!!) is just too much. Keep in mind that it wasn't an ordinary memory card. It's a special kind that can only be used on this console. Can't be used on a computer or camera, for example. And I have an SD card that I don't use lying somewhere else in the room, which would have been useful to him. No other eletronic device has ever disappeared... not that memory card, right when I wanted to use that PS vita to watch movies...

I will start recording every time using my laptop. I will always leave the door opened and put something on the floor so that it won't close. For the first time I will also sleep with the lights turned on. I'll also buy a memory card with more store to be able to record for longer periods of time.

I'll keep this thread updated with news/pics.

EDIT: I suddenly just remembered something. Last week I felt a strange pain and uncomfort in my armpits. I felt it for a few days but it was gone on the weekend. I never felt anything like that. Could be connected to the deodorant... or not, I don't know.

Last edited:
Thank you. I mentioned it all these events to my friend now, it seems he didn't do it. That leaves the other stranger as the person that could have been doing this. However, the memory card thing (the timming!!!!) is just too much. Keep in mind that it wasn't an ordinary memory card. It's a special kind that can only be used on this console. Can't be used on a computer or camera, for example. And I have an SD card that I don't use lying somewhere else in the room, which would have been useful to him. No other eletronic device has ever disappeared... not that memory card, right when I wanted to use that PS vita to watch movies...

I will start recording every time using my laptop. I will always leave the door opened and put something on the floor so that it won't close. For the first time I will also sleep with the lights turned on. I'll also buy a memory card with more store to be able to record for longer periods of time.

I'll keep this thread updated with news/pics.

EDIT: I suddenly just remembered something. Last week I felt a strange pain and uncomfort in my armpits. I felt it for a few days but it was gone on the weekend. I never felt anything like that. Could be connected to the deodorant... or not, I don't know.
Negative activity can effect your health. I think you should move. If you feel drained of energy, sick in anyway without explanation it could be a sign of negative effects. Please be careful.

Hi all. I've been renting a room in a flat with 3 more people since beginning of this year.
One friend I've known for 10 years, his gf and another guy I never met before, in other words, a stranger to me. In the past few months, some of my stuff has been disappearing from my room, but recently it started getting creepier. These are the episodes that happened to me, in chronological order:

Lunch bag gone
I honestly didn't care as I thought I just lost it somewhere. I'm talking a lunch bag that I had before, I used to take it to work and back home and thought I left it somewhere, no big deal. I also thought that someone in the house stole it from me, but without any proof, I never mentioned it to anyone. I just forgot about it.

Deodorant gone
For one month, my gf was staying with me in the room. She's someone who likes to keep the space clean and organized. My deodorant was standing on some furniture, next to some of her make-up stuff, etc. What I mean is, we know it was there the whole time. One day, the deodorant was gone. My gf searched everywhere in the room and couldn't find it. I joked about it disappearing just like the lunch bag, but didn't find any explanation to it.

Bedroom door unlocked
Before leaving the house in the morning, I always keep the door of my bedroom locked. It's important however to mention that the lock always had a problem. Sometimes, even if I rotate the key to lock or unlock the door, nothing will happen. That is why, after locking the door, I always push it to make sure that I locked it successfully. In the past few weeks, the door was unlocked and a bit opened when I arrived home for 2 times. My first reaction was to check if anything in my room was gone, but nope. All my electronic devices still there, and all my money which I always keep it hidden. At this point, I started suspecting that someone was using some device to unlock my door, but couldn't lock it again. Either that, or I didn't really check properly if I left it locked before leaving the house. I started getting a bit paranoic such as, leaving my bedroom in the morning, walking to the entrance door and coming back to my bedroom to check it again.

PS Vita memory card gone
This is the moment is gets way too creppy for me. It happened a few days ago. On last thursday night, I transfered some movies to my PS Vita. The reason I did that was because I was going to travel to my hometown the next day, and wanted to entertain myself during the bus travel. The next day, I took a shower in the morning, put my PS Vita inside its case and then I put it inside my luggage. I took the luggage to my office to go directly to the bus station after work. I came to the bus, turned on the device and I had no reaction when it said that it couldn't detect any memory card inside. I opened the slot thinking somethng was wrong with it and it just wasn't there. Keep in mind that it just can't come out easily, you have to open the slot using your nail and you still have to push the memory card for it to come out. It was still there the night before because I transfered the movies and even played them (if the memory card wasn't there, I couldn't transfer them and play them in the first place). I tried to be logical about it. I took a shower in the morning which means I left my bedroom for 10 minutes. The toilet is next to the bedroom. I immediatly thought that someone came to my room during my time in the toilet and stole it from me. The strange thing is that my PS Vita has always been in my bedroom, visible to anyone who wanted to enter the bedroom. If they wanted to steal something,they could have done it in any other ocasion that I went to take a shower. Or when the bedroom got unlocked. Why did this happen in the exact time I wanted to use this console (keep in mind that it's very rare for me to use that console, I haven't played anything in it in years and just wanted to use it that time to watch movies... and it has been in my bedroom since beginning of this year). And it's impossible that someone would do it in my office (mostly older people here, Ps vita was inside the luggage...). All in all, the only time someone could have stole it for me, it was during my time in the toilet. Strange part is the timming it happened, and why that little memory card when I've so many other things around anyone can just take (like a deodorant, a lunch bag...).

Door unlocked... AGAIN
I was away for the weekend from my bedroom, so obviously I made sure that before leaving my room last friday, I checked if the door was locked by pushing it as hard as possible before leaving the house. I arrived back on sunday night (yesterday), gave it a little push... and I opened it. It was unlocked again.

My gf has some history with some of this activity. I honestly never cared about it since I've never believed in it, so she never mentions anything about it to me. However, after talking to her about these episodes, she told me that something strange ocurred to her during her stay in that bedroom. She used to spend the mornings in the room and she said that once, she fell asleep and when she opened her eyes, she couldn't move. She says she felt petrified. No reaction, no move, nothing. she said that she never liked that bedroom and it always felt strange to her.

Deodorant back!?!?!?
The previous episodes were creeping me out but I just couldn't believe that, in the morning, when I woke up... the deodorant was back to the place it was. It showed up again MONTHS later after it disappeared. I just couldn't believe it. Even took a picture and sent it to my gf (I can post the pic later). I arrived to the bedroom sunday night and didn't see it there. I only found it this morning. Did someone in the house opened my room to put it back there? I didn't even touch it.

This morning I used a camera that I have to record what was happening in the bedroom during my time in the toilet. I checked the video quickly but no one came to my room during those 10 minutes. I will check it more carefully after coming back home.

Stuck in the room
I always lock the door everytime I'm in the room. This means I've to use the key to unlock it if I want to leave. The door lock has been acting very strange lately, for example, it has been getting harder to unlock it from inside the room. sometimes I have to give it a few tries. however, this morning, I was completely stuck inside. I had to call my friend in the house, pass him the key under the door, and he opened the door from outside. I'm not locking the door ever again. This happened right after I used the camera to record any activity in the room during my time in the toilet. I never got stuck inside my bedroom ever before.

For me the only logical explanation is that someone in my house (the stranger) has some mental issues and has been trolling me by unlocking the door using some kind of device to steal away very small things from me. This could explain why the doorlock has been acting so bad, because he was been forcing it to open. This person stays home all day, while the other 2 people in the house always leave to go to work. However, it would be way too strange why some of the stuff disappeared and especially the timmings. how could the memory card be gone right when I wanted to use my ps vita? why would the deodorant come back and why would I get stuck in the room after trying to that the person or GHOST after he got angry at me????

What should I do? Please believe me this is 100% true. I would have no reason to spend more than 1 hour in my working time typing all this information. I've never been in any forum of this kind and never believed in paranormal activity but it's just too strange what's been happening and I wouldnt be here if my wasn't concerned.
Hi. I'm new here, but I have personal experience with objects disappearing among other instances. In my case, the cause was some type of negative entity that absolutely did not like me. I could go into details, but suffice it to say, the entity turned out to be a demonic type. Having said this, I know for a fact through these personal encounters that negative entities sole intentions are to literally drive you crazy. To break down your emotional barrier and to create an opportunity for either possession, or to cause you to do harm to yourself or others.

It may seem like small insignificant things at first like with the deodorant or the locked doors, but trust me, they have all the time they need to chip away a piece of you a little at a time. In my case it took about a year for me to begin to understand what was going on, and then another few months to begin to understand how to solve the problem.

My only question to you is this:

Have you or anyone one of your roommates recently brought anything into the house from like a yard sale or rummage sale or any place where you can buy 2nd hand things?

Lunch bag gone

Deodorant gone

Bedroom door unlocked

PS Vita memory card gone

Door unlocked... AGAIN

Deodorant back!?!?!?

Stuck in the room

Daniel,

I do not mean to me rude when I ask this question, but did you post this same encounter onto Reddit?

I ask because all of it sounds very familiar. And, though Reddit offers various specialty subreddits, I think that you might get more from the PNF as it is a dedicated paranormal forum. I’m not jumping to the assumption that your situation is paranormal, but if it is, the members of this forum might be able to help you better than Reddit. Good luck and I’m glad you found the PNF. Welcome.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
negative entities sole intentions are to literally drive you crazy. To break down your emotional barrier and to create an opportunity for either possession, or to cause you to do harm to yourself or others.

Hmmm, at my core this is what I have believed also. Not sure why. Haven't had the "colourful" life experiences others have had to lead me to believe this. Perhaps my relationship with these things has been more subtle.