Stretchable liquid metal from military

‘‘When stretched, particles within these polymerized liquid metal networks (Poly‐LMNs) rupture and release their liquid metal payload, resulting in a rapid 108‐fold increase in the network’s conductivity. These networks autonomously form hierarchical structures that mitigate the deleterious effects of strain on electronic performance and give rise to emergent properties.”

That right there sounds like Terminator skin!

‘‘When stretched, particles within these polymerized liquid metal networks (Poly‐LMNs) rupture and release their liquid metal payload, resulting in a rapid 108‐fold increase in the network’s conductivity. These networks autonomously form hierarchical structures that mitigate the deleterious effects of strain on electronic performance and give rise to emergent properties.”

That right there sounds like Terminator skin!
I’m glad you broke this down for me lol.

Reactions: ozentity
I wonder if this didn't come out of one of those scientific accidents that rarely occur, but are real game changers. Newton's apple, Madame Curie, lots of vaccines, and I'm going by memory but Franz Lister and the importance of physicians washing their hands and instruments prior to surgery.
But giving that it's Wright-Patterson there's a strong possibility that this technology could have come from Roswell.
20veeck_1.jpg