Strange things...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What's the strangest thing you've ever heard a customer ask a store employee?

Also, what's the strangest thing you've ever seen while shopping?

Reactions: Ragnar0711
I stopped at the store to get two items I need for dinner, sea salt and a lemon if I remember it right. The total with tax came out to $6.66. I looked at the total, looked up at the cashier and said "Well that's a Hell of a total isn't it?" The guy laughed and said "I noticed it too but didn't want to say anything." I grabbed a pack of gum and asked him to ring that up as well, "Just to be safe" I said. He replied "Good idea" and rang it up.

A few weeks ago as I was standing in a Walgreens' check out line, I heard an older man (80ish) in front of me ask the young female clerk (maybe 25, lots of piercings and tats), "Do you sell phone books?".

She asked, "You mean books about phones?"

He said, "No, you know, a book that lists people's names and phone numbers."

Clearly she didn't know. I couldn't figure out which was stranger, the fact he thought he could buy a telephone directory in a pharmacy or that she didn't know what a phone book was.

• Wow
Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
A few weeks ago as I was standing in a Walgreens' check out line, I heard an older man (80ish) in front of me ask the young female clerk (maybe 25, lots of piercings and tats), "Do you sell phone books?".

She asked, "You mean books about phones?"

He said, "No, you know, a book that lists people's names and phone numbers."

Clearly she didn't know. I couldn't figure out which was stranger, the fact he thought he could buy a telephone directory in a pharmacy or that she didn't know what a phone book was.
I was in a local pet store a few weeks ago and I wrote a check. The cashier just stared at me, lol. I said, "i know you take checks", at which she replied, "I need to get the manager". Seriously she didn't know what to do with a check.

Reactions: Paintman and Duke
I was in a local pet store a few weeks ago and I wrote a check. The cashier just stared at me, lol. I said, "i know you take checks", at which she replied, "I need to get the manager". Seriously she didn't know what to do with a check.
I gave my granddaughter a check for her birthday once and her reply was, "Oh! I've heard of these!" :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: Lynne and Paintman