strange site

rowlodge

Reaction score
I always look up when i go outside in the day or night ever since i saw something strange when i was 11 years old. I was riding my bike in the street at night and just paused in front of the house for a glimpse of the thunderstorm on the horizon. Sitting there all the sudden from behind a tree in the front yard for just a moment i could see what looked like a floating ball of light (about the size of a softball) , a few miles away, traveling horizontally towards the thunderclouds ,it was around 10PM and dark enough to see clearly in front the clouds.

As i stood there on my bike, I noticed what looked like 2 or 3 big molten drops of hot material falling from it as it was floating in the air. The whole thing was not shining very bright at all but just a dull yellowish color. Straining to look at its center to try and identify any more details ( i'm a stickler for details and an artist), as it floated slowly sideways. All i could see was a swirling pattern of light in the middle of it. I only saw it maybe at the most 10 seconds before it drifted inside one of the huge thunderclouds.

Yelling at my sister who was standing in front of the house to come over, she ran to where i was and i pointed in the direction i was looking but by that time it had already disappeared behind the clouds. She didn't believe me and just had this smile on her face,which just made it worse because i knew that i would have to carry this with me all by myself the rest of my life wondering if i was crazy or not.

Spring forward to 2015 ,my older sister (I have two) who was not with me and my younger sister when this incident happened, were talking about old times and i brought up this incident I had 15 years ago expecting her to react the same way. She just said "oh ,i saw that too", i looked at her and was shocked how matter of factly she stated it ,apparently she was with some friends at the same time watching the thunderstorm way out in the country and everybody saw the same thing i did. they were all sitting against the car just observing the storm and as they watched ,she described exactly the same thing i saw moving into the clouds across the sky. After all those years it came sort of as a relief to me that i wasn't alone (or crazy.)

Last edited:
I always look up when i go outside in the day or night ever since i saw something strange when i was 11 years old. I was riding my bike in the street at night and just paused in front of the house for a glimpse of the thunderstorm on the horizon. Sitting there for just a moment i could see what looked like a floating ball of light traveling horizontally towards the clouds ,it was around 10pm and dark enough to see clearly miles away the lightning behind it in the clouds.

As i stood there on my bike, I noticed what looked like molten drops of hot material falling from it and not very bright at all just a yellowish color Straining to look at its center as it floated slowly sideways all i could see was a swirling pattern of light in the middle of it,no more detail than that. i only saw it for at most 10 seconds before it drifted inside one of the clouds.

i tried to call my sister who was standing in front of the house, she ran over to where i was looking but it had already disappeared behind the cloud, she didn't believe me and had this smile on her face,which just made it worse because i knew that i would just have to carry this with me all by myself the rest of my life.

Spring forward to 2013 ,i told my older sister who was not there at the time about the incident i had 15 years ago expecting her to react the same way. She just said "oh ,i saw that too" i was shocked but apparently she was with some friends at the same time watching the thunderstorm way out in the country and all saw the same thing i did. they were sitting against the car and she described exactly the same thing i saw. So after all those years it came sort of as a relief to me that i wasn't alone.
Welcome to the forum, rowlodge, and thanks for sharing this with us! Such an odd sighting and one I'm sure still has you wondering what it was. Any theories on what you saw?

Reactions: curandero81
Welcome to the forum, rowlodge, and thanks for sharing this with us! Such an odd sighting and one I'm sure still has you wondering what it was. Any theories on what you saw?
it really was something i cannot explain, these days it could be any number of things a UFO, GHOST, or just a COMET a really slow moving one, i'm an art noob ,i will draw something later to kind of help people get a better idea of what i saw.

it really was something i cannot explain, these days it could be any number of things a UFO, GHOST, or just a COMET a really slow moving one, i'm an art noob ,i will draw something later to kind of help people get a better idea of what i saw.
Please do! Something visual always helps here. We are currently all gathered up on the live thread chatting if you'd like to join us. http://midnightfans.com/threads/9-18-2015-live-chat-best-of-art-bell.5637/live?page=5#post-79954

Reactions: 7Critter