Strange reoccurring dream

L.S.

Reaction score
I don't know if this it the correct forum but here goes. I've had this reoccurring dream ever since I was a kid and have it to this day every so often. It starts with me standing on the back porch of my childhood house, it's dusk and I'm staring into our detached garage watching my father work on a car. Suddenly off in the distance I hear the city's police helicopter and I have the urgent feeling that I need to hide. So I turn and go into the back door heading straight through the laundry room into the kitchen then into the dining room, I turn right heading into the living room then right again into the hallway in the center of the house. In the hallway I look left, it dead ends into a closet with my room on the left side of the closet and my sisters room on the right side. I remember thinking to myself "don't go in those rooms cause the search light will see you through the windows". I look right and theres a full length mirror at the end of the hallway with my parents bedroom to the left mirror and the bathroom on the left side of the hallway. I head towards the mirror, when I reach it I realize I'm in the center most part of the house, I shut the bathroom and my parents bedroom door to block any search light then I huddle in the corner of the hallway, during all of this I hear the helicopter getting closer and a weirdly feeling the search light looking for me. After several of what seems like minutes, I have a dreaded feeling that the helicopter is no longer outside but now is a tiny helicopter inside the house looking for me. It comes in through the back door, through the laundry room, kitchen, dining room. As the helicopter gets to the living room I start fearing for my safety and then the dream ends. It's only been within the past 15 or so years that I started to associate the tiny helicopter with a drone of some sort. Thoughts?
1.jpg
Attached is a crude floor plan of my childhood house.

Drones probably weren't around when you were young I'd imagine.Do you think you may be picking up on some deceased fugitive trying to make an escape in the past?Or it's not a helicopter but an alien craft?Just a couple of thoughts,it does sound a weird dream,but a lot are.

Oz has some good ideas on this. Have you ever had missing time? Marks on your body ? Could you be having abduction expierences? Past life memories?

When you have these dreams ask yourself what is going on in your life at the time. Are you afraid of something ? Feeling stressed or pressured ? Dreams can reflect our daily problems and perhaps this is your stress expression? Just throwing out some ideas to think on.

L.S welcome and thanks for sharing.
I agree with Oz and Lynn. There are many reasons but then two are more like what is going on. I edited this post because got done with my daughter.
It may not be your house but the land that is haunted, and you are picking up on the essence of what was there. You may also have an ability you don't know, which is very common.
When I lived in Chicago I worked at a gas station names go tan if I remember it was by the summit roller rink. Kept having bream being held up and all I seen was the gun the black hand. After 2 weeks I finally left the job another employee who has my name just spelled with y not a I took over my shift and was robbed at gun point from a black gang banger.
Dreams have been linked for some as premonitions. When we are in our sleep state it is so very easy to communicate with us or simple just mess with us.

Last edited:
L.S., I will address this dream with many caveats. I did all of my coursework towards my Psy. D. Plus lots of meatball psychology to court-ordered thugs and miscreants in Chicago. It's not for me and I am not a psychologist.
2. Dream analysis is a lot like when the doctor reads your blood work. There is a lot going on under the surface.
(For those that cannot remember a dream just write down your three earliest memories. These memories change in the telling, and could give a very nice insight into what's going on in the unconscious.)
3. I wouldn't presume to know anything without sitting down for a full two hour interview of your life.

So I'm going to just throw out a few questions.
What are you running from?
What do you feel guilty of?
What don't you want to face?
These are harsh questions but absolutely common and normal. I run from those questions every day.
So does the guy two houses over. Yeah, and the girl at the drugstore. And the person reading the Paranormal Forum........
My 2 cents.
L.S., you don't necessarily need a great insight to put the dream to bed. Just paying enough therapeutic attention to it can dismantle those dreams.

L.S., I will address this dream with many caveats. I did all of my coursework towards my Psy. D. Plus lots of meatball psychology to court-ordered thugs and miscreants in Chicago. It's not for me and I am not a psychologist.
2. Dream analysis is a lot like when the doctor reads your blood work. There is a lot going on under the surface.
(For those that cannot remember a dream just write down your three earliest memories. These memories change in the telling, and could give a very nice insight into what's going on in the unconscious.)
3. I wouldn't presume to know anything without sitting down for a full two hour interview of your life.

So I'm going to just throw out a few questions.
What are you running from?
What do you feel guilty of?
What don't you want to face?
These are harsh questions but absolutely common and normal. I run from those questions every day.
So does the guy two houses over. Yeah, and the girl at the drugstore. And the person reading the Paranormal Forum........
My 2 cents.
L.S., you don't necessarily need a great insight to put the dream to bed. Just paying enough therapeutic attention to it can dismantle those dreams.
Great advice !

Reactions: Paintman