Strange Noises in Grandparents Basement

Did you ever have terrible nightmares while staying there? Some places can be just bad where some may have activity that just 'let's you know it's there'. Depending on the sum of occurrences, it can affect your dreams considerably. Also the general feel of the home plays a big part.
I've only had those typical childhood dreams that would make me sling up from a sound sleep, they were very strange, strange enough to make me wonder if other kids had them at least, I would also have these dreams at my own house too so they're nothing less than paranormal.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Fable. I think Selectric has gone over the possible boiler noises pretty good, however the door slamming, and speaker noise is suspect. Only your gut can tell you if it was paranormal. These things do happen. At the least it opened your mind to the possibilities of the unseen.
Thank you Lynne, reading others experiences has definitely opened up my mind to the possibility. I'm trying to find this blog I used to read that had hundreds of pages of people writing about strange events/experiences that had happened to them. I've always been suspect by the door, my brother and I brought over our ps3 to her house to play in January '07 because she had a bigger TV in the basement, as we were setting up the console the closet door in the bathroom slams shut, I was a little bit disappointed I was facing away and didn't observe it shut somehow because you could see the door from outside the bathroom, my brother and I, quite foolishly, joked about the house being haunted then played video games all day. That specific speaker to the surround sound could have been defective, I don't know because whenever we watched a movie with the speakers on all of them worked perfectly, and it would never do strange stuff when they were playing sound, the possibilities could be endless.

K
Thank you Lynne, reading others experiences has definitely opened up my mind to the possibility. I'm trying to find this blog I used to read that had hundreds of pages of people writing about strange events/experiences that had happened to them. I've always been suspect by the door, my brother and I brought over our ps3 to her house to play in January '07 because she had a bigger TV in the basement, as we were setting up the console the closet door in the bathroom slams shut, I was a little bit disappointed I was facing away and didn't observe it shut somehow because you could see the door from outside the bathroom, my brother and I, quite foolishly, joked about the house being haunted then played video games all day. That specific speaker to the surround sound could have been defective, I don't know because whenever we watched a movie with the speakers on all of them worked perfectly, and it would never do strange stuff when they were playing sound, the possibilities could be endless.
Do you still visit the house? If so keep us posted.

K

Do you still visit the house? If so keep us posted.
I haven't been there in 12 years, they sold the house in Nov 2011, that was my last time in the house. If I personally knew the current people who live there I would be glad to ask them if they heard these noises.

I haven't been there in 12 years, they sold the house in Nov 2011, that was my last time in the house. If I personally knew the current people who live there I would be glad to ask them if they heard these noises.
That would be an interesting conversation. Oh well on to new adventures.

Reactions: FabledPhantom