Strange light

Stonehill

Reaction score
Hi people,

I tried to reach out to the Dutch forum for paranormal experience, but that forum is pretty outdated.

In my best english, my story:

My girlfriend has indicated a number of times that she sees a flash of light upstairs. I have always dismissed it as "it must be a broken lamp" or something. However, I recently experienced the same thing. A bluish flash of light on the stairs to the attic.

First i thought it was an indicator light of the smoke detector, but after a thorough inspection we were able to exclude everything around the stairs. It is a new-build house with no history.

Today my girlfriend experienced it again and now i want to know.. what could this be??

Any thoughts??

If you have ruled out all electrical sources, it may be hard to tell. Is this a very small light? Like the size of an indicator lights?

Your next step would be to check out anything that could be reflecting in. Check for mirrors, the angle from windows, car lights that could reflect, even downstair lights that could be reflecting off new high gloss painted walls. You have to rule out everything before you can move to the paranormal sources.

If you have ruled out all electrical sources, it may be hard to tell. Is this a very small light? Like the size of an indicator lights?

Your next step would be to check out anything that could be reflecting in. Check for mirrors, the angle from windows, car lights that could reflect, even downstair lights that could be reflecting off new high gloss painted walls. You have to rule out everything before you can move to the paranormal sources.

We are seeing the lights for over a 8 months now. It started when my girlfriend was pregnant. Mostly in the evening when the kids went to bed. My girlfriend is reading a story and then sometimes the light appears with a single flash. Mostly bluish but sometimes a bit of orange.

We can't detect any pattern. I'm 100% sure it' isn't a light source or something reflecting because of the location where it appears.

The flash looks like someone is welding, but then for just 1 second. Or a star that is exploding, but then super fast. It appears at height of the ceiling.

We are seeing the lights for over a 8 months now. It started when my girlfriend was pregnant. Mostly in the evening when the kids went to bed. My girlfriend is reading a story and then sometimes the light appears with a single flash. Mostly bluish but sometimes a bit of orange.

We can't detect any pattern. I'm 100% sure it' isn't a light source or something reflecting because of the location where it appears.

The flash looks like someone is welding, but then for just 1 second. Or a star that is exploding, but then super fast. It appears at height of the ceiling.
BTW, welcome to the Forum, Stonehill!

Well, it's difficult to say on these kind of things what they may be for sure. Sometimes we have only best guesses. If you are not having any other kind of activity in the home, then it could be a brief portal opening for a spirit to come and go. Perhaps an angelic type of visitor coming to check on the new parents and baby.
As a completely different theory, it may be something like static electrical buildup that flashes, as you might see as a spark. Since it is near the ceiling, have you checked the electrical in that area?

I think the main thing here is if you are not experiencing other activity I would not be overly concerned about the paranormal aspects of it. My bigger concern is that of a mundane source that might be a fire hazard, such as wiring of some type.

We do have some suggestions for paranormal activity we can offer you. I would suggest you try the St. Michael's Prayer as protection for your home. You will find it in the link I place next.

BTW, welcome to the Forum, Stonehill!

Well, it's difficult to say on these kind of things what they may be for sure. Sometimes we have only best guesses. If you are not having any other kind of activity in the home, then it could be a brief portal opening for a spirit to come and go. Perhaps an angelic type of visitor coming to check on the new parents and baby.
As a completely different theory, it may be something like static electrical buildup that flashes, as you might see as a spark. Since it is near the ceiling, have you checked the electrical in that area?

I think the main thing here is if you are not experiencing other activity I would not be overly concerned about the paranormal aspects of it. My bigger concern is that of a mundane source that might be a fire hazard, such as wiring of some type.

We do have some suggestions for paranormal activity we can offer you. I would suggest you try the St. Michael's Prayer as protection for your home. You will find it in the link I place next.

Thanks!

I'm not scared though but it keeps me wondering what this could be. I will make some photo's and post a link to it so you could see the surrounding.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into this!

Reactions: Debi
Welcome Stonehill. You mentioned your best english, can I ask what country you’re in? I too have experienced a bright burst of light in my living room. We have discussed this activity before here. It happened twice in about a week and hasn’t happened since. The light we saw was bright white and made a horizontal burst like a camera flash or star burst. We still have no idea what caused it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Welcome Stonehill. You mentioned your best english, can I ask what country you’re in? I too have experienced a bright burst of light in my living room. We have discussed this activity before here. It happened twice in about a week and hasn’t happened since. The light we saw was bright white and made a horizontal burst like a camera flash or star burst. We still have no idea what caused it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hi Lynne,

Offcourse, I live in the Netherlands.

Looks like the same kind of experience you had. I'm going to search your experience on the forum and read your story.

Yesterday, around 9 p.m, I saw it again in the corner of my eyes. i'm 1000% sure it's not the smoke detector (which is the only device in de surrounding), but it came from another direction. Well, so far, we did our daily thing (like take a shower and stuff) and went down. We always leave the light turned on for the children (on the landing).

When we went to bed around midnight, the lamp on the landing was turned off. We tried to turn the lamp back on but it didn't work (from downstairs, we have a hotelswitch like many). So when we went upstairs, the lamp suddenly turned on again. Maybe it is coincidence but it's strange though. Everything is brand new (like the electric wires, lamp).

I will post some photo's in the evening, where it appears.

Reactions: Lynne
Thanks for keeping us updated, it’s an interesting happening.