Strange Haunting at Peoria Asylum

In my research for a book I am writing, I got into reading about abandoned asylums. I do remember reading about this one! There is something oddly compelling about those places.

In my research for a book I am writing, I got into reading about abandoned asylums. I do remember reading about this one! There is something oddly compelling about those places.
we have one about an hour and a half south of me that ive been to a few times just for the architecture and grounds it sits on. its a huge place....there is something that just draws your curiosity and exploring nature out.... ive always thought they were cool in a strange kinda way.... i thoink its one of those things where you just want to know the story of the place, or what past needs to be told...

I grew up in New Jersey, and there was this place that at one time was a sanitarium for TB patients; Essex Mountain Sanatorium. I bought a book about it and it had a lot of evocative pictures; sad, really. There were pics of suitcases of patients who were admitted and never left.

Old and abandoned asylums, state hospitals, and sanitariums are depressing places. But, I do find them interesting from a paranormal stand point.