Strange funerals....very strange....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
13 times dead people attended their own funeral - not in a coffin

Funeral homes have reported being asked more and more often to assist with funerals where the corpse can attend having not been put in a coffin.

This week the family of a man, who had been shot dead, decided to pay their last requests with him sat at the funeral - cigarette in hand and with his eyes wide open.

Footage showed Fernando de Jesus Diaz Beato embalmed and sitting up on a chair during his send off in Puerto Rico .

Mr Beato had been shot 15 times in the Villa Carolina neighborhood of San Juan, and his family decided to pay tribute to him as if he was still alive.

Damaris Marin, the owner of Marin Funeral Home, said they worked closely with the family to achieve the desired effect.

The following are all dead people at their funeral:

Fernando-de-Jesus-Diaz-Beato.jpg

PAY-Willie-M-Wimp-Stokes-Jr.jpg

Dead-scenes.jpg

Dead-scenes.jpg

Dead-scenes.jpg

More at site.....

Ummmm, would you choose this?

Yeah, since I don't believe in viewing of the dead body to begin with, this one really creeps me out!

Reactions: Paintman
That is a little weird. Then again, it is no more weird than propping the deceased up in their coffin during the wake so that those keeping vigil could play poker (dealing them in, of course), smoke cigars, eat keilbasa, and drink whiskey.

Reactions: Debi
I read the title and thought that this would be about people believed to be dead attending their own funeral, such as when someone goes missing and is presumed to be dead, or mistakenly identifying a corpse. The grieving see their loved one walk into the wake.

Reactions: Debi
I read the title and thought that this would be about people believed to be dead attending their own funeral, such as when someone goes missing and is presumed to be dead, or mistakenly identifying a corpse. The grieving see their loved one walk into the wake.
NOPE! I just can't imagine this...really. I've heard of different burial methods, but this one has blown my mind to shreds.