Strange flute playing outside in the distance at night

I needed to join this forum to share my experience. I Googled what does it mean to hear a Flute in a full moon night, 13.09.2019 (Europe).
I woke up around 4am, like usual, and I heard a Flute playing in the distance. There is a small wood in front of my house, it came from that direction. I live in a village. There was no Wind (a mild late summer night) and no one in the neighborhood plays instruments. Never heard it before or since than. I am a skeptic and I believe only what I see. Yes, i went out on my balcony and saw nothing, just heard this melody that got more and more far away from me. It was an irregular random melody, as if someone practiced. The memory of this night is still following me and I would like to share this, maybe someone else heard it somewhere...
Can I ask what country your in? I think it’s impossible to rule out someone playing an instrument. It could be a radio, cell phone, or a visitor. Not making light of your experience but we can’t rule out a natural cause here. Is there more background to this that might make you think this is mysterious?

Reactions: garnetsilver
Couldn't this be something as simply as someone playing flute music loudly on a car stereo system, then the music decreasing in volume from your perspective as the car drove away?
No, there was no car and no living soul around. The Sound was gentle and not so loud, I would have heard a car if there was one. I went out of my bed thinking is my Mother from another room and I found her sleeping. It was no Song... it was as if someone played a melancholic melody randomly. I know this instrument, i used to play 10 years ago.

There is such a thing known as Musical Ear Syndrome. It is actually the brain making music hallucinations from other sounds around you, such as a furnace, air vents, fan, etc. This may be one possible explanation for what you heard.

Can I ask what country your in? I think it’s impossible to rule out someone playing an instrument. It could be a radio, cell phone, or a visitor. Not making light of your experience but we can’t rule out a natural cause here. Is there more background to this that might make you think this is mysterious?
Dear Lynne, i made myself a lot of questions and alternatives. I know my neighborhood very well, the houses, inhabitants, street and house Layout. My house is at the end of the village, my street is the last in the line before the wood, and there is a gate /net protecting from entering the wood.there was the bright street light and moonlight. There was no human being that night expect myself on the balcony facing the street and the wood..I would not come here seaking for answers if i taught it's normal. I believe there is much more in this World than our eyes see.

There is such a thing known as Musical Ear Syndrome. It is actually the brain making music hallucinations from other sounds around you, such as a furnace, air vents, fan, etc. This may be one possible explanation for what you heard.
With al due respect, I came here for answers of other people experiencing similar things - not for diagnosis. I have a doctor for that, I don't mean to be rude. I am an adult and healthy rational person.

Dear Lynne, i made myself a lot of questions and alternatives. I know my neighborhood very well, the houses, inhabitants, street and house Layout. My house is at the end of the village, my street is the last in the line before the wood, and there is a gate /net protecting from entering the wood.there was the bright street light and moonlight. There was no human being that night expect myself on the balcony facing the street and the wood..I would not come here seaking for answers if i taught it's normal. I believe there is much more in this World than our eyes see.
Acilim, the first thing we do here is "rule out" all other causes for the phenomena. It's the way to establish a paranormal base. By asking these questions, and offering you these thoughts, we try to help you find your answers.

Reactions: garnetsilver
With al due respect, I came here for answers of other people experiencing similar things - not for diagnosis. I have a doctor for that, I don't mean to be rude. I am an adult and healthy rational person.
And this explanation has zero to do with mental health. Many people experience this as it is a NORMAL function of the brain to try and adapt to what it hears.

I needed to join this forum to share my experience. I Googled what does it mean to hear a Flute in a full moon night, 13.09.2019 (Europe).
I woke up around 4am, like usual, and I heard a Flute playing in the distance. There is a small wood in front of my house, it came from that direction. I live in a village. There was no Wind (a mild late summer night) and no one in the neighborhood plays instruments. Never heard it before or since than. I am a skeptic and I believe only what I see. Yes, i went out on my balcony and saw nothing, just heard this melody that got more and more far away from me. It was an irregular random melody, as if someone practiced. The memory of this night is still following me and I would like to share this, maybe someone else heard it somewhere...
I've heard of several people experiencing this also. My intuition tells me there's something to this phenomenon. I just thought of Kokopelli, so I looked him up. Some of the myths about him sound similar to this. Just thought I'd mention that. Anyway, thanks for sharing this!

Reactions: Lynne