Strange flute playing outside in the distance at night

I have to ask, do we even know what universal laws are?
As I've always understood it, universal laws are another thing that are just "known". But for the sake of discussion, one example is the golden rule, "Do NOT UNTO others as you would NOT have them do unto you". Another is the Wiccan Rede, "an it harm none, do what thou wilt." In other words, you're free to do whatever you want, just don't go around harming others for no good reason.

But anyway, do you have any ideas on what was going on that night? lol :D

I'm familiar with both, but the Wiccan Rede is a suggestion...not a "rule"....:). (However, I follow both of those stated above.)

As to what happened? No, I do not have a good idea on that one. Too many possibilities there, IMO.

Gotta run for a bit. But good discussion, my friend!

To attempt to clarify a little bit, the music from the flute was short, about 10-25 seconds long before stopping. Then it would play again with a different melody. It was just really weird. I tried to record it on my phone, but I didn't think about it until it was too far away to get picked up by the microphone. I really wanted to remember the melody, so I only concentrated on remembering one melody. This experience has changed me a little. It just felt mystical.

What would you guys have done? Would you have gone out looking for what was making that sound?

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
Why wouldn't they? We often assume that other beings think just like us and have the same set of morals and ethics. With elementals, it appears they don't see "right or wrong". If you research the olde myths and tales (within every myth or story is a kernel of the truth) you will find that they are reported to be simply following their own ways. They appear to be a lower vibrational being that simpy do not have the same thought processes as humans. We can't use our own set of ethics and morals to judge these creatures. Just as a large animal feels the other animals are made for their dinners, so an elemental might act seeing nothing wrong with the action just as an Owl eats mice sees nothing wrong with the hunt and having dinner.

We often try to see things through the human consciousness....and we have to remember these things are NOT human. This also applies to aliens, btw.
This makes sense, but I would also like to think there are such things as universal truths in the universe for humans and non-humans. Murder would be one example. I think this is what separates us from the "lower" animals. I think animals that have self awareness and a conscience, would consider the taking of a life to be wrong. So, if fairies are to be considered as "non-animals", then they should be of the mindset of not killing or stealing babies for example. If they choose to, then it would be morally wrong and condemnable by humans and non-humans.

Reactions: Lynne and Taliesin
But the thing is, with the power of choice comes responsibility. Stealing babies, vandalizing things, etc, sounds like choices. I wonder if they're immune to karma, and can go around stealing babies and other stuff without any repercussions at all.
Yes, I agree. If they have choice, or free will, then they can choose between right and wrong. If they can choose "wrong", then humans and non-humans do not have to be fairies to condemn that.

Can we apply human laws to them?
Yes! I sort of already addressed this, but yes, if they have a conscience, are self-aware, and have free will, they have the ability to know right from wrong. All types of human and non-human beings like this would have universal laws or "truths" which when not followed, can be condemned and labeled wrong and applicable laws applied.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Maybe the vail between our worlds was thin for a moment and you heard the activity from their world. It may just be a sign for you that there is more in this life than we can understand.