Strange experiences in my home..looking for advice

bluebird2

Reaction score
Hello,

I posted this on another forum I visit regularly and was told to come here because you are all very helpful. Any advice is appreciated as I'm not familiar with this subject.

I think my bedroom/house is haunted. I'm in my 30s and have +​

never experienced anything paranormal, not religious, don't watch paranormal shows, etc.

When we first moved into our house my (then 6yo) son told me he kept seeing a little boy in his dreams from our house and told me his name and some details that lined up with the actual history of the house. He eventually just stopped talking about it,

What really bothers me is ever since I've lived here I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel scared, or I'll have a bad dream and wake up and feel very unsafe. I'm not an easily scared person nor do I usually have bad dreams. My SO, who also sleeps in the same bed, has had the same experience without me sharing my own experience first. Also, when I get up in the middle of the night there is a specific spot in my room that really creeps me out and I don't want to look at it. I know this sounds strange. I haven't told anyone (but SO and the other message board) bc I'm usually a very logical and calm person and it's kind of embarrassing and hard to explain.

I also have pretty consistently seen a shadow or flashes of something just outside my peripheral vision. There has been increased fighting between my family members while living here.

So far I have tried to use sage and palo santo and light candles in my home which did not work. Others suggested I have a priest come to my home. Open to any info or suggestions you might have. Thank you :)

Thanks for sharing your story. How long have you lived in this house ? Have you tried talking to this entity ?

Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum, BlueBird.

Reactions: Walking Goose
Thanks for sharing your story. How long have you lived in this house ? Have you tried talking to this entity ?

Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum, BlueBird.
Thank you for the welcome :)

We've been here a little over two years. I have not tried talking to it. I feel pretty afraid and unsure of what it could be.

Do you have any new objects that you have brought in to the home? Or gifts from others that seem to really stand out ?

Reactions: Lynne
Do you have any new objects that you have brought in to the home? Or gifts from others that seem to really stand out ?
Hmm...When we first moved into the house we were gifted a lot of our furniture from my parents, some antiques from my grandma, and other things like that.

No gifts or anything that really stands out and nothing new in the bedroom where I feel the most scared and wake up at night.

Welcome, BlueBird2.

Are these experiences just confined to your room or are there more? And if I may, what was the exact history of the house? Can you elaborate further?

Welcome, BlueBird2.

Are these experiences just confined to your room or are there more? And if I may, what was the exact history of the house? Can you elaborate further?
I only have that eerie feeling and wake up afraid in the bedroom, almost like I'm being watched. The little flashes or shadows happen in the living room of the house. Those are really the only two places that anything has happened.

The house is not very old, built in the 80s. It was used to store drugs and for other crimes previously. The family got caught and then the house had to be refinished/repaired and then sat vacant until we purchased it.

There were still some remnants of the previous tenants and activities - nothing major, just cosmetic things. We've spent a couple of years refinishing the rest of the house ourselves while living here.

Hi BlueBird. Here is a link to some ideas for you that we have used successfully here.

Hi BlueBird. Here is a link to some ideas for you that we have used successfully here.

Thank you Debi, I will check it out.

Blue, since you have a child in the home being affected, I would suggest you get someone of the clergy to give a blessing in that home. Barring that, you may want to have an investigative team come in who HAS a clergy member who can do it as they check things out. Not sure where you live and what current Covid guidelines are in your area to even be able to do this at the moment.

There are several physical problems a home can have that can cause the affects you are experiencing, including high EMF, hidden mold spores, etc. If it was a drug house prior to your purchase, you also need to be sure none of that is a residual in the air. You need to rule those out.

Because the home has a history, energy can embed into the house and land itself. This requires a cleansing, and if you are not experienced in doing it, you might want to check and see if anyone in your area has experience in this. Social media can be helpful during this time of Covid to find someone, but BE SURE to check out references on the person.