Strange experiences in my home..looking for advice

I was thinking that the residual energy from the type of people who lived there before would definitely cause problems. I lived in a house that was a rental before and had nothing but problems for the three years we lived there. We finally sold it and left. But most problems respond beautifully to the suggestions in Debi's link! I didn't know about this forum back when I lived in that house.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
There seems to be several things going on here. One is that you are sensitive to such events enough that you are seeing them.
Second you are picking up on residual energy of the place. This will never go away and is there for anyone who is sensitive to pick up and read it. It's not active enough to cause you any harm, it's just an imprint of what was once there.

The third thing is the boy. He is active enough to be sending a message but it's not clear what that is yet. It could just be fear of something that he experienced and wants to tell you. Quite a lot of spirits do that and is just something you get to understand.

It may take time to understand why that particular area worries you. If you are sensitive as I suspect then by looking at it you will eventually see what it is. It won't be pretty, but seeing it may bring closure for you.

Welcome, you said you saw it in your dream. And also suspect to have seen a shadow or something. can you tell when you thought you saw the shadow? For example when you were in bed or on a clear day.

Blue, since you have a child in the home being affected, I would suggest you get someone of the clergy to give a blessing in that home. Barring that, you may want to have an investigative team come in who HAS a clergy member who can do it as they check things out. Not sure where you live and what current Covid guidelines are in your area to even be able to do this at the moment.

There are several physical problems a home can have that can cause the affects you are experiencing, including high EMF, hidden mold spores, etc. If it was a drug house prior to your purchase, you also need to be sure none of that is a residual in the air. You need to rule those out.

Because the home has a history, energy can embed into the house and land itself. This requires a cleansing, and if you are not experienced in doing it, you might want to check and see if anyone in your area has experience in this. Social media can be helpful during this time of Covid to find someone, but BE SURE to check out references on the person.
I was going to suggest the high EMF fields too. They can cause strange feelings and effect the mind in some odd ways. See if you have a electrical meter outside the wall you are sleeping on. Also do you have power lines going over the house ? Just some ideas. There are EMF meters out pretty cheep. You might be able to borrow one
From a paranormal group.