Strange activity caught on camera in 16th century castle [BE]

jumbo0

Reaction score
Let me start off with a quick introduction,
I'm Bart (29) from Belgium and I've been living for 25 years in a 16th century castle. I've moved to a new constructed house since, but my parents are still living there. I've always been a non-believer, and still am, but the last few months I've been transforming to more of a doubter..

Throughout the years we all experienced some strangs happenings going from footsteps, knocking on doors, to hearing somebody coming up the stairs in broad daylight with like 7 witnesses hearing it all. There are too many stories to start summing up.. But we always tried giving it a logical explanation, even when it was nearly impossible.

Since a few months we wanted to mount a few camera's in some inhabited rooms and areas, such as the basement. They have been recording for 3 months now and 2 clips are pretty chilling and I really wanted to share them with you so you can give an hones opinion of what might have been going on.

The first video was captured late at night (must have been around 1AM). First of all the time stamp was completely incorrect, it was nightime (can be verified because it's pitch dark in the room and no light is coming from the window on the far right side). Some things seem to reflect on the camera's IR light, but it doesn't look like the dust we often see, it was more.. smooth? But it's what followed is what really give the chills! All of the sudden you can hear a conversation of some sort, it's almost inaudible. We can't make out what is being said and we don't recognize any voices, but it made our hairs stand straight up, knowing that I have been sleeping just next to that room for 25 years. Here is the clip:

The second clip was recorded about a week ago. It was recorded in the basement. At the time nobody was home and we were all at a restaurant. A faint light can be seen moving from a part of the basement to the left side into the right side before disappearing. Bear in mind that the castle is in the middle of a big property, the street is really far away and can't be seen from the building, so street- or car lighting is impossible. Also the light comes clearly from the left side and there is the central section of the basement where are no windows. Nobody was on the premises at the time. We will install a second camera in the basement soon. This is the clip:

Bear in mind that I'm rather a non-believer than a believer, but I do believe that if there is something, it can certainly be seen in a castle of that age with that history.

Let me know what you think!

Let me start off with a quick introduction,
I'm Bart (29) from Belgium and I've been living for 25 years in a 16th century castle. I've moved to a new constructed house since, but my parents are still living there. I've always been a non-believer, and still am, but the last few months I've been transforming to more of a doubter..

Throughout the years we all experienced some strangs happenings going from footsteps, knocking on doors, to hearing somebody coming up the stairs in broad daylight with like 7 witnesses hearing it all. There are too many stories to start summing up.. But we always tried giving it a logical explanation, even when it was nearly impossible.

Since a few months we wanted to mount a few camera's in some inhabited rooms and areas, such as the basement. They have been recording for 3 months now and 2 clips are pretty chilling and I really wanted to share them with you so you can give an hones opinion of what might have been going on.

The first video was captured late at night (must have been around 1AM). First of all the time stamp was completely incorrect, it was nightime (can be verified because it's pitch dark in the room and no light is coming from the window on the far right side). Some things seem to reflect on the camera's IR light, but it doesn't look like the dust we often see, it was more.. smooth? But it's what followed is what really give the chills! All of the sudden you can hear a conversation of some sort, it's almost inaudible. We can't make out what is being said and we don't recognize any voices, but it made our hairs stand straight up, knowing that I have been sleeping just next to that room for 25 years. Here is the clip:

The second clip was recorded about a week ago. It was recorded in the basement. At the time nobody was home and we were all at a restaurant. A faint light can be seen moving from a part of the basement to the left side into the right side before disappearing. Bear in mind that the castle is in the middle of a big property, the street is really far away and can't be seen from the building, so street- or car lighting is impossible. Also the light comes clearly from the left side and there is the central section of the basement where are no windows. Nobody was on the premises at the time. We will install a second camera in the basement soon. This is the clip:

Bear in mind that I'm rather a non-believer than a believer, but I do believe that if there is something, it can certainly be seen in a castle of that age with that history.

Let me know what you think!

Can you identify the language spoken in the first video?

Wow both videos seem to have captured activity. Have you thought of taking the recording to a sound expert to have it cleaned up? Perhaps you might determine what’s being said. It’s pretty loud at times. I was wondering if you could pick out any words of phrases. It’s great evidence if all was caught as stated. Keep us updated.

The real interesting story is how you came to live in that castle !?? I’d love to see pics and hear about your family.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm just going to announce up front here. I am not... NOT... looking at anymore images on camera, in the window, in frames and especially MIRRORS until Duke says I can look. Once was quite enough. I have enough problems. My intention in this comment is to say, sorry but no. Not going to look nor give an opinion... it's not personal. :seenoevil: