Storming Area 51

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvYXJlYS01MS1zaWduYWdlLzExMTcyOTYtMS1lbmctVVMvQXJlYS01MS1TaWduYWdlLmpwZw==

A bizarre online campaign suggesting that UFO enthusiasts storm Area 51 in search of alien secrets hidden at the infamous base has seemingly garnered the support of nearly 200,000 people. The wild idea is reportedly the brainchild of a group of online agitators who created a Facebook event titled 'Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us.' Although the proposed gathering appears to have been just a joke, the concept captured the imagination of the masses online.

To date, a whopping 181,000 people have declared that they are 'attending' the event and another 200 thousand individuals have expressed interest in joining in on the action which is set to take place on Friday, September 20th at 3 AM. Of course, as anyone who has haphazardly accepted an online invitation to a distant relative's art gallery opening or dance recital can attest, the vast majority of the people who indicated plans to join in the horde almost certainly will not be in attendance when the big day arrives.

That said, there's a very real possibility that some foolhardy individuals may genuinely make an effort to storm Area 51 on September 20th when organizers allegedly plan to "meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry." Aside from the installation's incredibly stringent security measures which prevent unauthorized visitors, the very fact that the date and time of the planned surge is public knowledge is a pretty good indication that the daring gambit will prove futile. It could also wind up being criminal should would-be trespassers push the proverbial envelope and really try to gain entry to the base.

C2C's George Knapp, who famously broke the story that Area 51 existed back in 1989, responded to the idea on Twitter by noting that "this plan has been proposed multiple times over the last 30 years. Then, as now, it's a really bad idea." To that end, he stressed that "there are no aliens at Area 51, no alien tech either" and that "base security is more than capable of handling Winnebago trespassers." With that in mind, it would undoubtedly be wise for the idea to remain in the daydreams of UFO enthusiasts sitting at their computer rather than being put into practice.

200,000 UFO Fans Plan to Storm Area 51? - Coast to Coast AM

Reactions: Paintman
This is likely connected to a scheme cooked up by Bell and Wade to get publicity for MITD after he turned it over to her. She announced she was going to breech A51, actually had some people convinced she was serious. I seriously doubt many of the people who have said they will participate in this farce will do so. For their sakes I hope I'm right, if they go through with it they will probably find themselves face to face with Prime Beef and Security Police units. Those guys play for keeps and will defend the base rigorously.

Knapp is a piece of.....work. The guy rode the coattails of a lunatic he knew was not being truthful about his story to get to where he is today. Without Lazar he'd be just another small market TV newsman. Now he has a new meal ticket in the form of a character who has lied his way into prominence in ufology, and again Knapp must know Elizondo is no more credible than Lazar. I have nothing but contempt for Knapp.

This is likely connected to a scheme cooked up by Bell and Wade to get publicity for MITD after he turned it over to her. She announced she was going to breech A51, actually had some people convinced she was serious. I seriously doubt many of the people who have said they will participate in this farce will do so. For their sakes I hope I'm right, if they go through with it they will probably find themselves face to face with Prime Beef and Security Police units. Those guys play for keeps and will defend the base rigorously.

Knapp is a piece of.....work. The guy rode the coattails of a lunatic he knew was not being truthful about his story to get to where he is today. Without Lazar he'd be just another small market TV newsman. Now he has a new meal ticket in the form of a character who has lied his way into prominence in ufology, and again Knapp must know Elizondo is no more credible than Lazar. I have nothing but contempt for Knapp.
I mentioned on the live thread that I wondered if this was a scheme by HW for her great planned comeback. The timing is dead on.

What do you want to bet Knapp will be there for a live remote, covering this as "news" for his new patrons? Journalist? I think not.

Reactions: Debi
You don’t like Bob Lazar? He just did a podcast on Joe Rogan. Of course I had to check it out, I didn’t know much about him leading up to it. Steven Greer did the podcast too.

For Greer things went a little flat at about the 2 1/2 hour mark, I’m not too sure I’m buying his story but Lazar did alright in terms of being believable. It is strange how many things he mentioned back in the day have turned out to be true, you have to give him credit for that.

Anyways, I’d be curious to see how Area 51 would handle something like that. I’m not sure what kind of resources they have on base + what’s within range to be called in for back up. Have any of ya’ll ever been through there and checked it out? I know the signs say deadly force can be used, how far do you think they would take that? Lord knows they likely have the airpower to neutralize some fools.

Reactions: Paintman
It's the security that you never see, or are even aware of, that is the real security. Hopefully they make a show of force to dissuade people from getting a hefty fine or worse.

Reactions: Debi