Stories of the missing....411 style

I know people who were on the search team for Dutton. They couldn't believe his body was only 100 yards of the trail, when they'd flanked both sides of the trail out to approximately 250 yards, except where the terrain didn't allow it, and they had both search and rescue and cadaver dogs out. Like many other Missing 411 cases, either that body and his belongings weren't there when they were searching for him, or they failed to follow protocol. (Which I don't believe for a second. S&R folks are seriously dedicated.)

In February 1977, a 24-year-old man named Steven Kubacki was cross-country skiing through the snow near Lake Michigan. Once he reached the edge of the lake, he took his skis off to sit down and rest. When he got up to leave his own tracks were gone, and he became lost. The last thing he remembers was walking through the snow, feeling numb and exhausted. He blacked out. In the blink of an eye, it was spring. He was lying in a grassy field in the middle of a forest, wearing clothes that weren’t his. Sitting next to him was a stranger’s backpack containing running shoes and glasses that did not belong to him, either.

He hiked to the nearest town, and asked a local resident where he was. They told him he was in Pittsfield, Massachusetts — 700 miles away from where he had been skiing. His aunt and father lived in Pittsfield, so he knocked on his aunt’s door. His family was in shock, hugging him and asking where he had been. Kubacki had been missing for 14 months.

When Kubacki had first gone missing, the search team found his poles and skis at the edge of the lake. There was only one set of his footprints leading toward the water, but none walking away. They could only assume he drowned himself in the freezing lake. He had been missing for so long, everyone assumed he must be dead.

The official explanation is that he had amnesia, and that he was wandering in a fugue state. But even doctors are baffled by this case. It’s incredibly rare for someone to lose their memory of such a large chunk of time. And it still leaves so many unanswered questions. His story was included in a psychology case study in a book about amnesia, but even experts have been unable to figure out what actually happened.

Kubacki had already earned a degree in linguistics before he went missing, but he was so fascinated by his own case that he went on to earn his PhD in Psychology. He wanted answers about his own disappearance, and yet he still couldn’t find them. Solving the mystery of his missing year became an obsession, and he went on to publish a book called Meta-Mathematical Foundations of Existence: Gödel, Quantum, God & Beyond. In it, he writes about the possibility of alternate universes.

Good videos. The Tod Seas case is another missing 411 disappearance. When his body was found it was later buried in a lead coffin.

Interesting, and thank you.

I'm still puzzled by the Dyatlov Pass Incident
-Dyatlov Pass incident - Wikipedia

But in a new twist since I last looked at it, there was evidence seen of orange lights in the area by another group, and some confession of military testing of parachute mines in that location. Maybe the group were misidentified and attacked on purpose and the Russians are hesitant to admit it, since they don't like the indigenous people there anyway, they could be using them as target practice.
If they were under attack it would be a good reason to leave the tent in a hurry.

....and why in most of the 411 cases are they missing shoes?

Last edited:
Interesting, and thank you.

I'm still puzzled by the Dyatlov Pass Incident
-Dyatlov Pass incident - Wikipedia

But in a new twist since I last looked at it, there was evidence seen of orange lights in the area by another group, and some confession of military testing of parachute mines in that location. Maybe the group were misidentified and attacked on purpose and the Russians are hesitant to admit it, since they don't like the indigenous people there anyway, they could be using them as target practice.
If they were under attack it would be a good reason to leave the tent in a hurry.

....and why in most of the 411 cases are they missing shoes?

I was thinking some of the bodies reminded me of the mutilations found in that case. There are so many strange variables in that case no theory seems to fit them all. We may never know.

74404300_2699647546783539_2380933541652332544_n (Small).jpg

Or could it be that they just got curious and wandered into a cave system and never found the way out again?

Reactions: Paintman and Debi