Stonehenge-like Structure Found Under Lake Michigan

I'm guessing this is somewhere near Traverse City Michigan.
The article notes that the timeline fits. It's 10,000 years ago and after the ice age when man and mastodon roamed the Upper Midwest.
What is the difference between a petroglyph and a hieroglyph.?
Good find.

I'm guessing this is somewhere near Traverse City Michigan.
The article notes that the timeline fits. It's 10,000 years ago and after the ice age when man and mastodon roamed the Upper Midwest.
What is the difference between a petroglyph and a hieroglyph.?
Good find.
A hieroglyph is related to language. It's a picture that represents a sound, syllable or word. On the other hand, a petroglyph is a carving on a rock. It can represent an animal, human, plant, or just about anything, or even the abstract.

Here is a map so out-of-towners can picture where this is.
Screen-Shot-2016-10-23-at-6.55.42-PM-700x413.jpg
Traverse Bay is at 11 o'clock on the mitten.

There's only been a few Paleo-Indian kill sites ever found for mastodons. All that I know of date to the Clovis period, which ended arounf 12,900 years ago.....I would love to see one that is later, even into the Archaic Period, but as far as I know, none exist. I know that a mastodon skeleton was found in Kentucky during the 1820s, with Archaic Period projectile points a few feet away....It was eroded out of thea river cut, so nothing was in context, except the mastodon bones.

There's only been a few Paleo-Indian kill sites ever found for mastodons. All that I know of date to the Clovis period, which ended arounf 12,900 years ago.....I would love to see one that is later, even into the Archaic Period, but as far as I know, none exist. I know that a mastodon skeleton was found in Kentucky during the 1820s, with Archaic Period projectile points a few feet away....It was eroded out of thea river cut, so nothing was in context, except the mastodon bones.
Also, the Island 35 mastodon, found in Tennessee, almost under indentical circumstances. Unfortunately, very little other info is available.

Island 35 Mastodon - Wikipedia

This would show that dinosaurs lived later than science expected? I’ve always thought so.

Reactions: Phoenix
I wonder if anyone has alerted Scott Wolter of "America Unearthed" - this should be right up his alley.

Very interesting indeed ... does anyone have thoughts about the coincidences of the high level of shipwrecks and this finding in the same area at the bottom of the lake ?
I believe there is a link possibly...even if we are not sure exactly what it was at that time, it might have an effect now ...
What do you think ?