STEPHEN HAWKING DIES AT 76

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
_100408557_mediaitem100408555.jpg

Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76, his family has said.

The British theoretical physicist was known for his groundbreaking work with black holes and relativity, and was the author of several popular science books including A Brief History of Time.

His children, Lucy, Robert and Tim, said: "We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today.

"He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years."

They praised his "courage and persistence" and said his "brilliance and humour" inspired people across the world.

"He once said, 'It would not be much of a universe if it wasn't home to the people you love.' We will miss him forever," they said.

The British theoretical physicist was known for his groundbreaking work with black holes and relativity, and was the author of several popular science books including A Brief History of Time.

His children, Lucy, Robert and Tim, said: "We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today.

"He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years."

They praised his "courage and persistence" and said his "brilliance and humour" inspired people across the world.

"He once said, 'It would not be much of a universe if it wasn't home to the people you love.' We will miss him forever," they said.
He sure made the most out of his life in spite of his apparent setbacks. A real innovator in science.

He sure made the most out of his life in spite of his apparent setbacks. A real innovator in science.
A good example of how to make the most of your life. Makes complainers look like jerks for sure. The world has lost a brilliant mind. I hope he is running in heaven now free from the body that imprisoned him.

I hope he is running in heaven now free from the body that imprisoned him.
That was one of my first thoughts. He is now free to walk and run and talk. I also thought, is he surprised / pleased at what he finds in the next dimension.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi

Thanks scoop. I thought that I was posting news at 5am this morning. Debi and Lynne had already posted the news.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi