staring in a mirror

I had a strange thing happen with a tall mirror too. I was at my other grandmother's house who lived to 102. But I was there dancing and her house was of the 1920's furniture and look. Even the record player I had was from that time. Suddenly something weird happened and I could swear I heard horses and everything went dark and I felt really odd. I thought what happened. And wondered did I do a trip in time real fast and then back again? I don't know. Just a wild happening. Mirror portal is very possible. I was staring in the mirror too. Wild That explains that then. The road had dirt and horses. But then went back to normal with cars and pavement. I ran out of that room so fast. I won't ever forget that one. Wild
I think our consciousness can transport us. Weather it’s just our consciousness visiting that time or perhaps just receiving someone else’s expierence through a psysic connection, it does occur. Did you ever watch the movie “Somewhere in time “? It is a good example of what happened to you but on a redicolous scale. Quantum physics would have us believe that our consciousness effects matter. You were perhaps focused on the past and your reality changed until you thought different . Just some things to ponder.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
Not a mirror, but this does involve a reflection.

It was about 2 years ago and my wife and kids were sound asleep late on a Friday night. I wasn't that tired so I sat down at the computer desk for a nice, undisturbed session of video gaming. The game was one of those creepy first person shooters where you wander around half lit set pieces and battle hideous monsters. I don't scare easily so night time when everyone is asleep I like to indulge in horror movies or games.

During this time I had my smartphone plugged in to the charger and it was laying face up in a space between the keyboard an monitor. With the screen off it was like a black mirror, reflecting the bottom corner of the screen. Every time I looked down at my ammo count I saw the number also reflected upside-down on my phone.

I finished a level and was staring at the obligatory "Loading" screen. In the bottom corner of the monitor was "Loading" flashing in orange letters. The same letterslwere also flashing upside down in the reflection of my smartphone, except that it wasn't flashing in sync. The reflection was flashing faster than the light source. For every two flashes on the monitor the reflection would flash three times. My first thought was to grab my phone and make a video recording, but quickly realized why that wouldn't work. So I just watched the reflection for several second until the next level loaded and the monitor was showing the game play screen. The reflection was normal again.

I went back and tried reloading saved games so I could have a loading screen again but the phenomena never repeated. Over the following weeks I experimented by flashing different colors on the screen with several different smartphones on the desk. But no matter what I did, those pesky laws of physics kept working and I was never able to get an out of sync reflection.

I hadn't told anyone that in my life. Not even you, Ghostkind. Now you are hearing it. I wondered all this time what that was. I felt odd and I was dancing and had to stop. I loved to sing then and was terrible. But I did it and that was so weird. Like the world stopped on me for a minute. I'd have freaked out if I'd have left that time and not seen my parents again that day. Scared shit out of me. Maybe I found a secret way to time travel. Be in an old old house with everything old, nothing modern. And stare into the mirror. If you want to check out time travel. I watched that movie Somewhere in Time years later. I thought that seemed like what happened to me. Really weird. Was not dreaming again. Time slip. What does that mean now? lol you are educating me here.

Reactions: ghostkind
That's cool Stevedog. I'd be spooked. Ghosts like lights. I bet a ghost was getting energy from the light there. Or something odd. I had a light experience with something. But I bet it was a ghost thing. Wild all these stories here. I love reading them.

Reminds me of that Lost in Space episode where Penny stared at the mirror and there was a guy inside it.

Not a mirror, but this does involve a reflection.

It was about 2 years ago and my wife and kids were sound asleep late on a Friday night. I wasn't that tired so I sat down at the computer desk for a nice, undisturbed session of video gaming. The game was one of those creepy first person shooters where you wander around half lit set pieces and battle hideous monsters. I don't scare easily so night time when everyone is asleep I like to indulge in horror movies or games.

During this time I had my smartphone plugged in to the charger and it was laying face up in a space between the keyboard an monitor. With the screen off it was like a black mirror, reflecting the bottom corner of the screen. Every time I looked down at my ammo count I saw the number also reflected upside-down on my phone.

I finished a level and was staring at the obligatory "Loading" screen. In the bottom corner of the monitor was "Loading" flashing in orange letters. The same letterslwere also flashing upside down in the reflection of my smartphone, except that it wasn't flashing in sync. The reflection was flashing faster than the light source. For every two flashes on the monitor the reflection would flash three times. My first thought was to grab my phone and make a video recording, but quickly realized why that wouldn't work. So I just watched the reflection for several second until the next level loaded and the monitor was showing the game play screen. The reflection was normal again.

I went back and tried reloading saved games so I could have a loading screen again but the phenomena never repeated. Over the following weeks I experimented by flashing different colors on the screen with several different smartphones on the desk. But no matter what I did, those pesky laws of physics kept working and I was never able to get an out of sync reflection.
I was thinking the light was reflecting back on itself like if you used a double mirror in the sun. Maybe it was angled just right to cause the reflection to repeat ? If that makes any sense lol. That had to freak ya out some. Someone here might debunk it tho.

I hadn't told anyone that in my life. Not even you, Ghostkind. Now you are hearing it. I wondered all this time what that was. I felt odd and I was dancing and had to stop. I loved to sing then and was terrible. But I did it and that was so weird. Like the world stopped on me for a minute. I'd have freaked out if I'd have left that time and not seen my parents again that day. Scared shit out of me. Maybe I found a secret way to time travel. Be in an old old house with everything old, nothing modern. And stare into the mirror. If you want to check out time travel. I watched that movie Somewhere in Time years later. I thought that seemed like what happened to me. Really weird. Was not dreaming again. Time slip. What does that mean now? lol you are educating me here.
There are some things in life we may never figure out. What we take away from them is what really counts.