star trek

The first episode i did not care for of SNW, but eventually grew on me. I hoped it would get better than the then 'forced hand holding' it felt like that episode. The series did get better and am looking forward to next season :) Not sure how i feel about new Kirk as of yet and the hinted Scotty lol.

I really do enjoy star trek but I'm really not into star trek Discovery. I really think its to PC for me. I don't mind if star trek makes me think about an issue but Discovery is a little to much. A good Star trek show should be fun to watch and makes you think too. SNW is good. Its getting back to the basics of storytelling and now very long story arcs. I can't wait until the 2nd season of it.

Discovery has it's moments but it gets tiresome when every single issue can be solved by only that crew. You don't have to think at all because any answer is spoon fed to you. Lorca was the best character. He kept them all in check.

Reactions: Lynne
The first episode i did not care for of SNW, but eventually grew on me. I hoped it would get better than the then 'forced hand holding' it felt like that episode. The series did get better and am looking forward to next season :) Not sure how i feel about new Kirk as of yet and the hinted Scotty lol.
I haven't seen any of this. Will not subscribe to Paramount+, too many subscriptions already. I never liked any of the star trek shows after Voyager. I thought Deep Space Nine was too much a soap opera and Enterprise starting off with stupid time travel was not a good story line. And those new movies with Chris Pine were awful, lost plot over and over, and bad character development, etc. I guess in a few years I when the new show is on Hulu or Netflix I will watch it. Of all the space shows imulating the original Star Trek I think The Orville writers got it, granted new kinds of social commentary, but they still got it.

Reactions: Selectric
I am only 3 episodes into A Strange New World and I love it. The sets are beautiful and the acting is good. I think they've done a good job on this one. I like Discovery too but it really didn't follow the history of Star Trek. I couldn't get into the Picard series. I watched the first season and found it boring. I didn't like seeing a diminished Picard. There was suppose to be a fan financed series that picked up where the origional Star Trek left off. They never finished the five year mission. Do any of you know what series that one was and if they made it?

Reactions: damon and Selectric
I am only 3 episodes into A Strange New World and I love it. The sets are beautiful and the acting is good. I think they've done a good job on this one. I like Discovery too but it really didn't follow the history of Star Trek. I couldn't get into the Picard series. I watched the first season and found it boring. I didn't like seeing a diminished Picard. There was suppose to be a fan financed series that picked up where the origional Star Trek left off. They never finished the five year mission. Do any of you know what series that one was and if they made it?
The only series i heard about was a book series that finished the 5 year mission up to events of Motion Picture.

Reactions: Lynne