Star Trek thread

Herbal Jaguar

Reaction score
image.jpg

Hello I would like to create a thread to start some Star Trek trivia and lore.

What's your favorite series?
What's your favorite character overall?
What's your favorite planet/location visited?
What's your favorite species?
Have you ever been to a Star Trek convention?

Last edited:
Reactions: stormhorse

You you struck a nerve with this thread HJ.
1. The Next Generation.
2. Split between two - Commander Riker - when I was younger I used to look like J. Frakes. Deanna Troi - cause I’m psychic too.
3. Uncertain - I’ll have to give it further consideration.
4. Human. Though my non-Trek friends voted me to be “Most likely to be confused with Mr. Spock”, I am in fact human...I think.
5. Have I ever - several. And met many stars from the Original Series at them back in the 70s. I belonged to a fan group in San Diego that was acknowledged by Paramount to be directly responsible for the momentum for reviving the Original Series into theatrical movies. I have friends who have worked on the Star Trek movies too.

I was the Best Man - aka., Number One - in a Star Trek themed wedding,

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
Currently watching next generation for the first time on episode 4 at this moment. I started with the voyager and deep space 9 series. We have one season left of voyager and haven't watched DS9 in like 5 years. Throughly enjoying it. I definitely like ryker and Jean luc-Picard

Will be adding some new content to this thread today, was busy last night.

The original series.

Spock.

Gothos.

Vulcans.

Several conventions.

------------------------------------------------------

This is the very first fanfic that I ever wrote. (Although technically it was really just practice with quotation marks.) I wrote this when I was between 5 and 6 years old. Blue crayon, on a piece of yellow construction paper. One of my sisters put it in a scrapbook at the time, that is how it was preserved.

Note: There was a tv station that used to show episodes of the original Star Trek before the Saturday morning cartoons. I had seen every episode at least twice by the time I was 5, which at least partially explains... this.

--------------------

"Space Egg"

"CRACK! CRACK!! CRACK!!!"

"In five minutes the Space Egg will hatch." said Bones.

"Make that three minutes." said Spock.

"The Space Egg is wicked!" said Scotty.

"We must kill the Space Egg!" said Bones.

"No." said Kirk.

"The Space Egg will hatch now." said Spock.

"Cheep! Cheep!! Cheep!!!" said the chick.

"It is not a Space Egg." said Scotty.

"It is a chicken egg." said Bones.

"Lovely just lovely." said Kirk.

--------------------

Currently watching next generation for the first time on episode 4 at this moment. I started with the voyager and deep space 9 series. We have one season left of voyager and haven't watched DS9 in like 5 years. Throughly enjoying it. I definitely like ryker and Jean luc-Picard

Season two gets better and I think things get much better into season three.

Season three cliff hanger is good.

There are actual some later episodes which - even upon viewing for a third time - make me tear up. Oh, the Offapring in season three...sniff, sniff.

I've watched them all. I'm old enough to remember the first series and boy was that a breath of fresh air when it first aired. SciFi went from crappy local TV with dodgy sets to almost like a movie, I was hooked, 1969 when I was 8 was a good year 3 years after it first aired in the US.

I totally got it with Spock, cold and logic driven just like me :)

Never been to a convention but I did have a Twitter conversation with Bill Shatner which was pleasant but he is a bit of an arse. I've not met many actors maybe Jad can shed some light on how they are like when not in front of a camera.

DS9, Miles O'Brien brings some sort of spent energy thing as a memento of folks who died in battle, maybe somebody can explain this better but it was quite moving.

Jimmy Doohan (Scotty) was one of the greatest guests at conventions, and a really great guy. He would spend hours just walking around and talking with people.

DS9, Miles O'Brien brings some sort of spent energy thing as a memento of folks who died in battle, maybe somebody can explain this better but it was quite moving.

Reactions: TonyM