Star Trek Celebrates 49 Years

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
upload_2015-9-10_20-59-33.jpeg
images

Happy 49th Birthday, Star Trek

49 years ago today, “Star Trek” premiered on NBC with its first episode “The Man Trap” at 8:30PM on September 8, 1966. Following two pilot episodes, the series — created by Gene Roddenberry — would go on to run for three seasons, spur thirteen feature films and change the face of television forever. The show’s stars: William Shatner as Captain Kirk, Leonard Nimoy as Spock, DeForest Kelley as Dr. McCoy, James Doohan as Scotty, George Takei as Hikaru Sulu and Nichelle Nichols as Uhura have become household names.

As we look forward to next year’s 50th anniversary, let’s stop, reflect and salute the episode that beamed into living rooms and gave us all a glimpse into the 23rd century on that fateful day in 1966.
(from http://www.treknews.net/2015/09/08/star-trek-celebrates-49-years/ )

Reactions: DoTell and Debi
Yes, best part is that the first episode was mandatory viewing at home. Back in them old days the family gathered around the set and shared the viewing experience.
Debi You are not just old, but that cool. First run ST, Twilight Zone, growing up in the greatest period of Rock and Roll humanity has seen. onus points if you learned to drive on an old fashioned muscle car. THAT seals your cool.

Reactions: Debi
if you learned to drive on an old fashioned muscle car. T
LOL!!! Yes, I did! Which still leaves me with car lust today. Learned to drive in this:

1969-camaro-9.jpg

Had a boyfriend about 4 years older than me, who about had a heart attack as I was grinding away at the gears and burning out the clutch! :p But man, that was GREAT!!! He was just back from Nam, and I wouldn't let my parents teach me because I was afraid to drive....UNTIL I got behind the wheel of that thing!

Reactions: 7Critter and DoTell
LOL!!! Yes, I did! Which still leaves me with car lust today. Learned to drive in this:

1969-camaro-9.jpg

Had a boyfriend about 4 years older than me, who about had a heart attack as I was grinding away at the gears and burning out the clutch! :p But man, that was GREAT!!! He was just back from Nam, and I wouldn't let my parents teach me because I was afraid to drive....UNTIL I got behind the wheel of that thing!
Makes you cool, not old. Always play the St, TZ, and musce car driver's ed cards with the gamer generation. Respect.

Reactions: Debi

1969-camaro-9.jpg

Cool. Nice car. I remember that Camaro. Flat black ?

Cool. Nice car. I remember that Camaro. Flat black ?
Yup....and boy, could she GO! I kinda think that's why he broke up with me about 6 months later. I was more into the car than him.....some jealousy there, me thinks! lol