Stand Out Moments

ok theres a big one in one of my favorite actions flicks of all time THE ROCK (1996) when the navy seals get caught in the prision shower room by the marines ed harris after being told they are committing mutiny says "you call it what you want your down their we're up here you walked into the wrong god *ahem* room commander! right before a massive firefight breaks out

Well it wasn't technically the final episode due to animation issues forcing the station to air it out of order, but I'm going to say it's the episode of King of the Hill that was intended to be the series finale. The entire episode is about Hank and Bobby finally finding a true common interest after years of "that boy ain't right" which brings their awkward father son character arcs to a close. In the final scene Hank buys Bobby his own propane grill and the two of them stand side by side grilling. As the smell of grilled meat wafts across the neighborhood and we see several other characters also get closure to their respective story arcs. Connie wants to go eat but knows that her parents, for the entire series, expect her to finish her homework first, but her father acknowledges that she is already ahead in her studies so it's okay for her to relax and enjoy the afternoon. We see Nancy, who had a long time extramarital affair under the guise of needing headache treatment, getting a temple massage from her husband Dale as acknowledgment that it's her husband who should be helping her with "headaches" instead of someone else. We also get to see Boomhauer's actual job which was never mentioned in the show. Then the scene cuts back to Hank and Bobby pulling the meat off the grill and in a nod to this being the finale Bobby looks at the one remaining steak and says "It looks like this is the last one". Hank replies "Your just getting started" to imply that even though this is the finale episode it's not really an ending because the characters do have a potential future. Then in a call back to the very first episode of Hank and his friends sharing a "Yep" the scene ends with Hank and Bobby sharing a "Yep".

It's been on 15 years! How did you avoid it??? lol
I watched season 1 and was totally amazed a few years ago to find that it was still going. I didn't catch up because.... that's a lot of catching up and it was years ago!

Hate to say it, but would you believe I've never seen any episodes of it?
I must confess I have never seen Buffy and only one or two Supernatural. I don’t know why but these are two that didn’t grab my attention for some reason. It must have been a busy time in my life.

I must confess I have never seen Buffy and only one or two Supernatural. I don’t know why but these are two that didn’t grab my attention for some reason. It must have been a busy time in my life.
I was the same about Buffy, Lynne. When it was first broadcast, my daughter kept bugging me to watch with her, but I was working two jobs and hadn't the time. It wasn't until about 2012 that started watching with Mr. Garnet, and we grew to really enjoy it.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Well it wasn't technically the final episode due to animation issues forcing the station to air it out of order, but I'm going to say it's the episode of King of the Hill that was intended to be the series finale. The entire episode is about Hank and Bobby finally finding a true common interest after years of "that boy ain't right" which brings their awkward father son character arcs to a close. In the final scene Hank buys Bobby his own propane grill and the two of them stand side by side grilling. As the smell of grilled meat wafts across the neighborhood and we see several other characters also get closure to their respective story arcs. Connie wants to go eat but knows that her parents, for the entire series, expect her to finish her homework first, but her father acknowledges that she is already ahead in her studies so it's okay for her to relax and enjoy the afternoon. We see Nancy, who had a long time extramarital affair under the guise of needing headache treatment, getting a temple massage from her husband Dale as acknowledgment that it's her husband who should be helping her with "headaches" instead of someone else. We also get to see Boomhauer's actual job which was never mentioned in the show. Then the scene cuts back to Hank and Bobby pulling the meat off the grill and in a nod to this being the finale Bobby looks at the one remaining steak and says "It looks like this is the last one". Hank replies "Your just getting started" to imply that even though this is the finale episode it's not really an ending because the characters do have a potential future. Then in a call back to the very first episode of Hank and his friends sharing a "Yep" the scene ends with Hank and Bobby sharing a "Yep".

John RedCorn !
download.jpeg

Reactions: Stevedog and Debi
There’s one scene branded into my mind from my childhood...they showed us a movie in kindergarten. I never really knew what it was called. I can roughly remember that it had kid who had a bull that he would ride on train tracks. So while he was riding at one point an old man fell asleep while driving in his car. While asleep, he was still driving and happened to come across the kid riding the bull, who happened to ram his car and continued on its way. As the bull hit the car, he split it in two pieces, the front and rear halves going separate ways. The sleeping man kept driving the front half.

Reactions: garnetsilver