Stand Out Moments

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Most people remember the last scene of M*A*S*H with "Goodbye" written on the ground or the last scene of The Wizard of Oz, but there are many other TV or Film moments that can stick with us.

What scenes are branded in your brain?
Name as many as you wish.

The final scene with Star Trek TOS cast in Star Trek VI. The Enterprise A and Excelsior part ways and the latter plots a course for the ‘Second star to the right. And straight in til morning’ and of course the last line of all - Captain's Log, Stardate 9529.1: This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man - where no one - has gone before.

Last edited:
The final scene with Star Trek TOS cast in Star Trek VI. The Enterprise A and Excelsior part ways and the latter plots a course for the ‘Second star to the right. And straight in til morning’ and of course the last line of all - Captain's Log, Stardate 9529.1: This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man - where no one - has gone before.
Sniff sniff. I loooove that scene. Then the credits roll showing the actors’ signatures. :cry:

Reactions: Lynne
Okay, this is for J. The first unofficial series finale for Buff the Vampire Slayer.

Buffy and her mystical little Sister are standing high up on a scaffold with a portal to another dimension opening and letting all manner of demons into our world. Buffy and her Sister were told that Dawn‘s (Sister) blood was the only thing which could close the dimensional portal. Very strong, loud emotional music is playing while they talk...you can’t quite hear them...but Buffy remembers being told that “Death is your gift”. Buffy figures out that her blood too could close the portal and tries to explain that point to hysterical Dawn. Music continues, and the video slows, as Buffy turns away from Dawn, runs for the end of the scaffolding, and does a swan dive off the ledge, falling through the portal, and then crashing on to the cement below. Here friends - beaten up badly - hobble up to her body crying. The episode closes with a serene shot of a tombstone carved with the statement, “She saved the world a lot”.

Last edited:
You all know the last 7 episodes of Supernatural are about to happen?

It's been on 15 years! How did you avoid it??? lol
I know it's good, but I was into Smallville at the time. And the last two seasons of the X-Files. There's a lot of things I haven't seen that I really need to catch up on. But 15 years is a long time. That's impressive.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
I know it's good, but I was into Smallville at the time. And the last two seasons of the X-Files. There's a lot of things I haven't seen that I really need to catch up on. But 15 years is a long time. That's impressive.
Well, now you have something that you can binge on for a bit! Quite a bit, actually.