St. Michael's Day Jump

Artillery troops the world hold ceremonies on the feast day of their patron saint, Saint Barbara. In the US military, there is even an honor society called Order of St Barbara.

St. Barbara ='s lightning.

airborne.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul, did you do HALO jumps ?
(High Altitude- Low Open)

Reactions: Debi
Paul, did you do HALO jumps ?
(High Altitude- Low Open)
Not with the teams so not professionally, we always jumped static line under 5000 feet, usually from helo, loved those jumps, or fast rope from blackhawks. I've done spies techniques and waterborne insertions but never made it to HALO school. This thread just brought back some memories.

Not with the teams so not professionally, we always jumped static line under 5000 feet, usually from helo, loved those jumps, or fast rope from blackhawks. I've done spies techniques and waterborne insertions but never made it to HALO school. This thread just brought back some memories.
Paul, do you recognize the weapon the jumper is carrying in that photo you posted? Looks like a bullpup design, similar to a Brit SA80. Is that a Brit SAS trooper in the picture?

Reactions: Paintman
Paul, do you recognize the weapon the jumper is carrying in that photo you posted? Looks like a bullpup design, similar to a Brit SA80. Is that a Brit SAS trooper in the picture?
It does look like a bull pup design. Could be a SAS troop. I actually wondered that also. Not sure of the pic, it's almost identical to a poster from way back when, so just used it...lol.

Reactions: Lynne and Duke