Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
You gotta appreciate this guy...and yes, it actually is Squirrel Appreciation Day! lol

Got a caption for this photo?

141019291_10159984930307814_7605902672933885934_n.jpeg

Reactions: Walking Goose
I have always been leery of squirrels. Yes they are cute, yes they are smart, but every house Ive lived in I had to find a way to get them our of the attic. I fed some this am at the park. The little guys come up to me while feeding the blackcaps and nuthatches and sit at my feet looking at me. I give them some and move away because when as a child I saw one girl with a squirrel attack in her portfolio of experiences. All the neighbors fed this one huge man squirrel. She wouldnt give him nuts and he jumped her while walking under his tree. That poor giirl was a mess. She had to go to the ER. This was 50 plus years ago.Red squirrels are very agressive toward other squirrels and are smaller. Cute little things but beware, they are not to be toyed with
caption ,,, give me your nuts, or else

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
In my hometown, we had all red squirrels. My dad used to hand feed them. He was a bit of an animal whisperer and those squirrels would sit there and wait for him to hand out the treats.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
A classmate of mine had one as a pet when I was about 10 or 11 and she brought it to school one day. It was mostly tamed but escaped the classroom and ran down the hallway before it was caught. It's been about thirty years now and I'd completely forgotten about it until now.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne