Spring meal changes...

Benway, do you hold your nose when you eat that stuff or do you just prep with a deep breathing exercise with your socks taped over your nose holes?
I can't smell my own socks any more, as they smell like some other guy's socks, but though I had doubts (as any sane person would), I love the smell of Dynamite Chile Marmite in the morning! ...Smells like victory.

• Love it
Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I can't smell my own socks any more, as they smell like some other guy's socks, but though I had doubts (as any sane person would), I love the smell of Dynamite Chile Marmite in the morning! ...Smells like victory.
I need to find me a victory smell so I can share with you too. I’m so glad - and saddened too - to heard your successful COVID experiences. I must have missed some pieces of that on your posts earlier in the year.

Reactions: Benway
I need to find me a victory smell so I can share with you too. I’m so glad - and saddened too - to heard your successful COVID experiences. I must have missed some pieces of that on your posts earlier in the year.
I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I love this photo from the day before the lightning strike:
Saturday.jpg

That's also from my neighbourhood and a thirty foot high pillar of flame! (Picture obviously taken - not by me- while running away)

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
woaw. I'm sorry you had to go thru that....so scary. Did you figure out how you might have caught it?
On the up side... after thinking I'd never be able to breath properly again, sprinting through the greatest storm I can remember, shoes abandoned, water spraying up and screaming with joy, competing with the deafening thunder and lightning arcing around the sky and down is one of the greatest moments of my life!
Every cloud has a silver lining.... Perhaps. Mine had silver lightning!

I'm so glad to hear you are getting your sense of smell back, hon. However, your choice of food items leave me a bit gaggy. lol

Sorry! I seem to have hijacked the thread!
I'm so glad to hear you are getting your sense of smell back, hon. However, your choice of food items leave me a bit gaggy. lol
It's in the blue cheese class of food that no sane person should ever want to eat, that's for sure!

I always start to crave salads when the weather turns warmer. One of my favorites is made from lettuce (preferably something called Spring Mix) dried cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese and a dressing made from crushed garlic, lemon juice, honey and olive oil.

Reactions: Debi
Summertime is grilling time. I cook a lot of the time when it gets hot and we don't need the heat in the house. My grill has a burner on the side so I can make pot bassed sides to go with the steaks or chicken.

We also like sandwiches so we also do a lot of those. Salad is a summertime food and we do those at least once or twice a week. We are pretty easy to feed. Fortunately, with a couple of exceptions, we like the same things. We probably fry more food in the summer than the winter. I fished a lot in the past and hope to get back to that soon and we prefer to eat the fish fresh and so never freeze any. I can always go out and catch a good mess for supper. We also like to roast hotdogs outside and eat out on the porch a lot.

Reactions: garnetsilver