Spring meal changes...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
SPRING IS HERE AND SUMMER IS FAST ON IT'S HEELS. TIME TO CHANGE THE MENU!
LOOKING FOR IDEAS FOR EASY SPRING/SUMMER MENU CHANGES!
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITES FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR?
WHAT COOKING CHANGES DO YOU MAKE WITH WARM WEATHER?

162693214_3019674938244045_3490385220911011637_n.jpg

View attachment 31244
Oh God ,Jadmom and I go thru this every night. « Mom, do you need anything at the store? « ( long pause and big sigh) oh... I don’t know what I want to eat... « ok mom I’ll check back in an hour. »... Ok.... (an hour later) « Mom, do you know what you want?. »....(big pause deep sigh) I haven’t thought about it... »MOM FIGURE IT OUT . »....2 hrs later... « MOM, I don’t want to go to the store later.What.Do.You.Want.For.Dinner.Dammit!!«
Well.. maybe chicken but I had chicken 2 days ago and I don’t want chicken again till next week so maybe a chicken pot pie but they don’t have the kind I like next door so I’ll wait on that plus it has chicken in it so maybe pasta. I have some pasta in the house and some sauce but I think the Alfredo has gone bad so I’ll need some sauce but I’m not sure if I want that or pesto or maybe I’ll just have a sandwich but I’m not sure if I want tuna or ham or....
Me, writhing on floor, gnawing at table leg,foaming at mouth.. »MOM WE GO THRU THIS EVERY FU@?-ing day! Dinner happens every day!! Why does it always SURPRISE YOU??!! Please for the love of God and all that’s holy what.the F$@K do you want for DINNER?! «
Oh.... never mind...I’ll have cereal....

AHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh God ,Jadmom and I go thru this every night. « Mom, do you need anything at the store? « ( long pause and big sigh) oh... I don’t know what I want to eat... « ok mom I’ll check back in an hour. »... Ok.... (an hour later) « Mom, do you know what you want?. »....(big pause deep sigh) I haven’t thought about it... »MOM FIGURE IT OUT . »....2 hrs later... « MOM, I don’t want to go to the store later.What.Do.You.Want.For.Dinner.Dammit!!«
Well.. maybe chicken but I had chicken 2 days ago and I don’t want chicken again till next week so maybe a chicken pot pie but they don’t have the kind I like next door so I’ll wait on that plus it has chicken in it so maybe pasta. I have some pasta in the house and some sauce but I think the Alfredo has gone bad so I’ll need some sauce but I’m not sure if I want that or pesto or maybe I’ll just have a sandwich but I’m not sure if I want tuna or ham or....
Me, writhing on floor, gnawing at table leg,foaming at mouth.. »MOM WE GO THRU THIS EVERY FU@?-ing day! Dinner happens every day!! Why does it always SURPRISE YOU??!! Please for the love of God and all that’s holy what.the F$@K do you want for DINNER?! «

AHHHHHHHHHHH
Reminds me of me and my GF J but you didn’t use enough c@rse words.

I kinda headed that whole soul sucking conversation off today by buying a bunch of small (6 to 8 ounce) premade things like pasta salads, chicken salad, lunch meats and cheeses, quinoa with sweet potato, mixed veggie tray, tabbouli, etc. I’ve got every angle covered. ‘’No, I think I want state faire fried food tonight...”. Check, I even bought frozen hotdogs on a stick :p, lemonade, and ice cream cones!

View attachment 31244
I’m going to be the partly pooper on this thread. A week from now, we are switching over to low fat for awhile.

Reactions: Debi

AHHHHHHHHHHH
I do this too, but talking to myself.

Reminds me of me and my GF J but you didn’t use enough c@rse words.

I kinda headed that whole soul sucking conversation off today by buying a bunch of small (6 to 8 ounce) premade things like pasta salads, chicken salad, lunch meats and cheeses, quinoa with sweet potato, mixed veggie tray, tabbouli, etc. I’ve got every angle covered. ‘’No, I think I want state faire fried food tonight...”. Check, I even bought frozen hotdogs on a stick :p, lemonade, and ice cream cones!
I do this too, and yet every day I can still manage to not want any of it and then loop back to Jadz's post. In fairness, I do have a health issue which means that every time I eat floors me for about four hours after, so it's no surprise that I've become touchy about the subject, but with spending all my time at home lately, it has escalated into full blown madness. I also have to incorporate any snacks I might want into the meal too, so it might a banana (for my own good), deep fried battered haddock and chips, a salmon and cream cheese sandwich, a few peanuts and then (recent insane event) Dynamite Chile Marmite on toast, which I don't need, but is... I mean... This madness exists. Marmite is already a cultural insanity like eating the smell of a locker room, a beer burp and lots of salt... but now it tastes even more wrong, has a mild afterburn, a rush and the sense that sanity and good taste are for people who will never truly live!

I do this too, and yet every day I can still manage to not want any of it and then loop back to Jadz's post. In fairness, I do have a health issue which means that every time I eat floors me for about four hours after, so it's no surprise that I've become touchy about the subject, but with spending all my time at home lately, it has escalated into full blown madness. I also have to incorporate any snacks I might want into the meal too, so it might a banana (for my own good), deep fried battered haddock and chips, a salmon and cream cheese sandwich, a few peanuts and then (recent insane event) Dynamite Chile Marmite on toast, which I don't need, but is... I mean... This madness exists. Marmite is already a cultural insanity like eating the smell of a locker room, a beer burp and lots of salt... but now it tastes even more wrong, has a mild afterburn, a rush and the sense that sanity and good taste are for people who will never truly live!
I felt like I was mildly tripping the first time I tried it.