Sporty stuff!

I wish I had been there, lol.

Reminded me of this story from BYU. I heard the story from a colleague at Hill AFB who claimed to have been in the test center when it occurred.

Reactions: Selectric and Paulm
GWU....your dreams have come true......lol

If they ever enforce it, not a lot of work is going to get done, lol.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric and Paulm
It's what I couldn't see....
The Fog Bowl.
The Bears were hosting the 49ers for the first round playoff game in the early '90s sometime.
Dad and I were reading the paper and having breakfast when he said let's go to the game and get some scalp tickets. OK.
Sometime in the first quarter the fog started rolling in to Soldier Field. At first the Skybox area had no visibility. TV and radio announcers had to go down to the field.

Then it slowly crept down the stands. You couldn't see the field let alone any movement.

Dad and I bailed and walked across the street to the Hilton and Towers to watch the game at an Irish bar. Kitty O'Shea's. All the bartenders and waitresses were from Ireland. Kind of upscale. I had two corned beef sandwiches .
Anyway we had a real fun day and made the best of it and I'm glad I have that memory. Dad was a pretty button down guy but when he got impulsive it was fun.

It's what I couldn't see....
The Fog Bowl.
The Bears were hosting the 49ers for the first round playoff game in the early '90s sometime.
Dad and I were reading the paper and having breakfast when he said let's go to the game and get some scalp tickets. OK.
Sometime in the first quarter the fog started rolling in to Soldier Field. At first the Skybox area had no visibility. TV and radio announcers had to go down to the field.

Then it slowly crept down the stands. You couldn't see the field let alone any movement.

Dad and I bailed and walked across the street to the Hilton and Towers to watch the game at an Irish bar. Kitty O'Shea's. All the bartenders and waitresses were from Ireland. Kind of upscale. I had two corned beef sandwiches .
Anyway we had a real fun day and made the best of it and I'm glad I have that memory. Dad was a pretty button down guy but when he got impulsive it was fun.
A great memory Paint. I think watching Mathew Stafford win a Superbowl his first year after leaving the Lions was the best ever. He had so much promise and the Lions sucked everything out of him with no pay off. He finally got his just rewards and proved to the world that he is as great as we all thought. He shut up all the naysayers.

My one boss had box seats at Surf Stadium in Atlantic City. It was minor league stuff, but for what it was, we had a great time. It's a shame to pass it on way onto the island and see it sitting there going to waste now. There's been developers trying to purchase the property and make it into something. One day the powers-that-be will allow that piece of land to used for what it was intended for.