Spiritual Sensitives

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
An interesting look at possibilities here.

The occult is like a coin, there are two sides that are very different. People just don't seem to be able to see in themselves what they often criticize in others. How different is it for someone to try and call on a dead family member for help from praying for Jesus to fix things for them?

I believe everyone has this ability. Some use it naturally while others don't understand it and tell themselves they are imagining it. I also believe there are those that misuse it and that's where increasing trouble begins. Once someone has been 'touched' by something whether good or evil or somewhere in that unknown middle, this 'shakes the bush' as it would. You know deep down if what you have witnessed was real or imagined...how you perceive and hopefully learn from it solely depends on each person.

I think people born very sensitive pick up on things paranormal as they do everything in normal life and blow it up. Other not so sensitive people brush the paranormal off as they do anything that annoys them in everyday life. I've always wanted to be the latter and have had to learn to do this just to survive and function on earth.

Evil exists but it is not everywhere one looks in the paranormal world.

Like Selectric, I believe most of us possess sensitive potential, but not all are open to it's messages or deny them outright out of fear or some conflicting other belief.

Of all the residential investigations I have been on, I have yet to encounter something truly evil and dark. Most clients claiming such turn out to need a bit of counseling, they need a social worker, not an exorcist.

IMO, the priest in the article is probably sensitive but if he always learns of someone's occult leanings before he feels anything, then he has psychological issues, not a gift.

The occult is like a coin, there are two sides that are very different. People just don't seem to be able to see in themselves what they often criticize in others. How different is it for someone to try and call on a dead family member for help from praying for Jesus to fix things for them?
I think there is a big difference, but I will not get into a religious debate here. Remember we respect all faiths here.

Okay... 'sigh'... I make one little (okay HUGE) backstep and out come's the 2X4 and back to square one I'm sent. :rolleyes: lol

*Disclaimer: As always, unless otherwise specified... the following is my opinion and only that. Also, like lynne, I have no desire, nor right, to offer or argue any particular religious views... except for respect to all... unless pushed in that direction - then it's anybodies game.

The reason I fell here this morning (I'm assuming) is there is no more perfect reminder to myself - of the what's what and what's not and what is somewhere in-between, then this thread. It may be the 101 of the basics of basics (in my world)... but without the basics there is no progression so the basics are the most important lesson's of all lessons - except the last lesson.

Without going to read for myself the whole of the thing (which I will do later) 'homework' ... I want to say that my first reaction to the intro to this thread was, well, a VERY deep breath... used as a tool to help restore my self-control. Reading through your posts with a clear head and heart and Spirit BEFORE I speak is now remembered. lolol

My opinion of the basic premise here is, and long has been

We are dealing in semantics. Not just us, here... but in general... and that's a big general and goes back thousand's... who knows... mayhaps hundred of thousands of years. And it's a problem. A HUGE problem... this Word, to Interpretation of Word, into Written Word, solidifying in out right false, or unguided so run rampant false, OR a somewhat true but also false... Belief.

I could, but won't, delve into the hundreds of pages it would take here (yes I know... your welcome lol) to lead you back back back to the research it took for me to come to this understanding. Instead I want to offer these few item's for consideration.

First: The Occult and The Paranormal are NOT in anyway synonymous. The meaning of the two words are totally separate. While one might CHOOSE to deal in the Occult, The Paranormal exists with or without human choice, beliefs, or interactions. In fact, it exists with or without our existence. Of course, one might choose to ATTEMPT to interact with the Paranormal the same as they choose to interact with the occult... but it aint the same game. And it danged sure aint the same rules.

Next: ALL things Paranormal are NOT demonic (again... semantics...) the problem being, discerning the who's who and the whats what of the whole "wtf". Uncountable 'other' exist... and we are NOT the top of that food chain. I mean really guys... we (humans) have the worst record (I imagine) in the UNIVERSE of getting the premise... that we do not stand alone and above anything and everything else ON OUR WORLD... UNDERSTANDING that 'different' is not synonymous with 'intelligence level'... just seems to go over our heads. So defining (as in giving a solid DEFINITION) of 'demonic' seems like a fools game to me.

Which is WHY I have a problem with exorcisms.

Last (and I'll shut up):

How different is it for someone to try and call on a dead family member for help from praying for Jesus to fix things for them?

Even here, we are dealing with semantics and interpretations. While many indigenous cultures deal with The Ancestors... to my knowledge there is no actual Calling Upon. There is connecting with, there is awareness of, there is a belief that there is no beginning and no ending (The Medicine Wheel), there is to the Seventh Generation (what is done now, in the here, affects those of our generations that come after to the 7th generation) and there is tobacco or cornmeal or both as offering to Ancestors for what was learned from and should not be forgotten (good or bad)... but I know of no Indigenous Peoples who do Callings on The Ancestors... unless there are some who pervert the ceremonies or something, but that's a different thing all together. Indigenous Peoples PRAY to The Creator... regardless of what semantics say they are doing.

Okay. I'll shut up.

We are dealing in semantics.
Back in the sixties, we just called it good vibes and bad vibes and everybody knew what it meant. There was even a hit song about it by some surfer dudes. :cool:
Thank you both for the reminders and thanks to everyone for remaining respectful. It is my belief we all walk different paths at times to bring us closer to our true spiritual selves. My own journey has been quite the ride, and somehow led me back to my beginnings and faith. Wherever you may be on this journey, we respect and honor your beliefs and the path you are on.

It's not my job to convince anyone of anything, and everyone is free to believe whatever they need to, in order to sleep at night. I have a gift and use it to help others, as well as my own enlightenment, which furthers helping others. If there is a higher purpose for it, it will be revealed. If not, I am happy to have been granted a window into a world that most people cannot fathom.
I will add that nobody makes the journey alone. I have had some amazing, very gifted mentors in this "biz". I couldn't have made it to where I am now had I not found these wonderful, giving people.