Spiritual Revelations

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Outside of Holy Texts including the Bible, have you ever read a book or heard lyrics that shifted your own spiritual beliefs or expanded them to a new understanding or level? I was thinking of how I have changed over the years in my own understandings and beliefs, and what made an impact in those changes.

For example, The Mists Of Avalon is a book I have read 4 times now over my lifetime, and I have to say it suddenly revealed a giant secret to me which helped me reconcile conflicting belief systems. I won't even try to explain it because it would take too long. But it set me to wondering if any of you have read something that has suddenly changed your understanding or shifted your spiritual self into an unexpected place. We'll call it a "light bulb moment" when something comes into focus for you and just "clicks".

I also mention lyrics. You guys know I'm a Moody Blues fan, and there are a few lyrics that also did a bump into a new lane of enlightenment for me.

Have any of you had this type of revelation that has shifted how you see things?

Last edited:
There have been a lot of books but the one that really set my soul on fire was “Embraced by the light” by Betty Eadie.

There have been a lot of books but the one that really set my soul on fire was “Embraced by the light” by Betty Eadie.
This book also did a shift for me in my beliefs, Lynne. It was a long time ago but I still remember reading it!

Reactions: Lynne
I have to say that it was the Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula Le Guin! It changed the way I thought about using magic to manipulate things to bring about desires, also about using it responsibly, keeping awareness of how each action could have unwanted karma. I felt that profound shift come about when I first read it, nearly 30 years ago, and I have to say that the shift changed me for life.

I have to say that it was the Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula Le Guin! It changed the way I thought about using magic to manipulate things to bring about desires, also about using it responsibly, keeping awareness of how each action could have unwanted karma. I felt that profound shift come about when I first read it, nearly 30 years ago, and I have to say that the shift changed me for life.
I read the Trilogy and the lessons in it were profound. So many times these lessons are hidden with fiction and have life altering affects.

I need to buy the Mists of Avalon. It sounds like a wonderful book.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I need to buy the Mists of Avalon. It sounds like a wonderful book.
It's a huge, huge book. It gives a feminine perspective of the King Arthur story. It was the last chapters that hit me. It was on the #1 list for over a year at one point back in the day.

Reactions: garnetsilver
What do you think about this? It helped me to be more aware.

Do you truly see it as I do?

Frequencies so high only a few can hear their cue. A heightened response to the taste of food. Colors invisible to the human eye save for a few. A high voice. perceived as living glass.

Perceptions shapes reality.
Color blindness. Tinnitus. Supertasting. Tetrachromacy. Synesthesia.

Reality is a mathematical model which gets solved over and over again by the observer.
Your thoughts are computations. And they render this world for you to call your own.

Not all processors are alike.
Different brains produce different realities. The variations go from the subtle to the drastic.

Your mind defines how much you can taste. How much you can feel. How much you can understand.
Perception defines perspective.

Where one sees a skull, the other sees a woman in a mirror. Where one hears silence. the other will hear entrancing voices.

You experience what your brain allows you to perceive.
For centuries. humanity has fought for freedom.
The real cage is not around you. It is in you. Your mind will not allow you to wander in uncharted territories.

A Faraday cage, for the mind. A concealed strait jacket.

Events such as Upsweep and Julia fuel internet conspiracies. Sounds unknown. heard only once. A cabinets of curiosities for the Modern Age.

And yet, they were messages, just like this one, waiting for their observer, their compatible processor.

Human visionaries developed a vague awareness of their limits. They wrote obscure research papers. popular science fiction novels. some asking us to stop the world.

But that’s all they ever were. Fictions. How could they not be?

Reality is what the observer allows it to be.
The Doppler Effect. The Möbius strip. Deja-vus. Cicada 3301. UVB-76. Eureka effects. Ambigrams and Anamorphisis.
P versus NP.

ls Schrödinger’s cat dead or alive? It all depends on what you perceive. on what the cage is not hiding for you to see.

Think. Think. Let your mind be free. Explore the borders of your reality.