Spiritual connections to tattoos

Paul would you consider these type of tattoos as sigils? A picture with an intention behind it ?

Reactions: Paulm
Paul would you consider these type of tattoos as sigils? A picture with an intention behind it ?
not in the idea of what most would consider a sigil. its not magical and its not the symbol that offers protection. it is more a conscience or physical piece that keeps your mind centered, or a reminder of how to live. like a crucifix as a comparison. the crucifix is just an object but it reminds you of who you are. a lot of the practice of these tattoos is similar to that or a rosary. something to focus on or have that is a reminder of how to live and who or where you are in faith and practice. this is a very basic explanation, but while beliefs or practices can be similar we have to be careful not to compare them too deeply, the meanings can quickly widen and become lost. some see a sigil as a part of magik only, while others see them as any object that you can use regularly to manifest intent, which i guess "intent" would be the key here...anyways, i wouldnt say its a sigil in the majik sorta way...lol.

not in the idea of what most would consider a sigil. its not magical and its not the symbol that offers protection. it is more a conscience or physical piece that keeps your mind centered, or a reminder of how to live. like a crucifix as a comparison. the crucifix is just an object but it reminds you of who you are. a lot of the practice of these tattoos is similar to that or a rosary. something to focus on or have that is a reminder of how to live and who or where you are in faith and practice. this is a very basic explanation, but while beliefs or practices can be similar we have to be careful not to compare them too deeply, the meanings can quickly widen and become lost. some see a sigil as a part of magik only, while others see them as any object that you can use regularly to manifest intent, which i guess "intent" would be the key here...anyways, i wouldnt say its a sigil in the majik sorta way...lol.
I agree with you, Paul. I see a tattoo as something that is very personal. A personal reminder of who you are and what you feel and/or stand for or believe. It's an outward sign of the person inside.

I agree with you, Paul. I see a tattoo as something that is very personal. A personal reminder of who you are and what you feel and/or stand for or believe. It's an outward sign of the person inside.
agreed, and its easier to put it that way instead of trying to explain yantra, mantra, dharma, karma etc.....lol.. a yantra is a physical form of a mantra pretty much. so think of these signs as being a representation of the ohm sound, the vibration of the universe. see, this could get deep real fast....lol

agreed, and its easier to put it that way instead of trying to explain yantra, mantra, dharma, karma etc.....lol.. a yantra is a physical form of a mantra pretty much. so think of these signs as being a representation of the ohm sound, the vibration of the universe. see, this could get deep real fast....lol
LOL I know. But let me help this picture a bit.

My friend lost her husband two months ago. The last touch between the two who were married for 44 years was on her right arm. She now has a tattoo of a winged heart with his name and the words "Always and forever my Love" on that arm. Personal. Deeply personal.

LOL I know. But let me help this picture a bit.

My friend lost her husband two months ago. The last touch between the two who were married for 44 years was on her right arm. She now has a tattoo of a winged heart with his name and the words "Always and forever my Love" on that arm. Personal. Deeply personal.
beautiful example, signs of love, experiances, times gone by. the ones that remind you of where you started and where you are now. yeah, personal with meaning.