Spiritual Changes

I never had anxiety until i got over 50 and it has increased as ive now hit 60. I think it is the fear of aging and for me the fear of loosing loved ones. There is no changing the passing of time but there are some cooping skills we can imploy. meditation and prayer help me a lot, also exercise. If it helps, you are not alone and I think most of us face this.
Meditation, I think, it one of the best things anyone could ever do. Love it. And to personally, it's better with the right music involved. Something soothing.

Reactions: Walking Goose
Meditation, I think, it one of the best things anyone could ever do. Love it. And to personally, it's better with the right music involved. Something soothing.
I agree, I often use guided meditations too, when I cant sleep and my mind wont shut down. There are many good ones on the web. I like the adult meditation stories too. Kind of like a bedtime story.

I agree, I often use guided meditations too, when I cant sleep and my mind wont shut down. There are many good ones on the web. I like the adult meditation stories too. Kind of like a bedtime story.
It works wonders. I usually meditate when I'm under stress and it's amazing what it can do. It's almost like a reboot.

It works wonders. I usually meditate when I'm under stress and it's amazing what it can do. It's almost like a reboot.
exactly, and it gets your mind off the irrational fear anxiety is. I practice being in the moment.

exactly, and it gets your mind off the irrational fear anxiety is. I practice being in the moment.
I'll close my eyes, sit cross legged, rest both hands on my knees palm up and I'll take a deep breath. Breathe in, breathe out. Refocus and put everything to the side that's been on my mind or try to let things go.