Spiritual Changes

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I talk with some friends who are clergy from time to time, and they asked a good question recently. Thought I would share it here and see how this has impacted you.

How has living through the pandemic changed your spiritual practices over the last year? Has it strengthened or altered your beliefs in any way?

I feel greatly humbled by it all, and also feel a lot more skeptical about "the powers that be." Things that I thought would always be the same aren't, but I feel more confident that things we never thought would happen( good things) can actually come about.

My spiritual practices are still the same. I dont expect Creator to change his/her plans to make me happy all the time so Im just going with the flow but still complaining about all the suffering and injustice in this place. I have always followed the thought that I am responsible for my deeds so i am still trying to do the right thing. Yada.

I've changed up a few things...like my praying. I'm doing a lot more intentional, thoughtful, communication with the Creator. I am just more mindful, aware, and grateful this past year which I see as all part of a spiritual path. I have also become much more aware of time, and using it to the fullest to live a life that is in service to the Divine.

Beliefs are the same as before the pandemic. Practices have been impacted by the limits imposed on congregations and all that.

Reactions: Walking Goose
I've changed up a few things...like my praying. I'm doing a lot more intentional, thoughtful, communication with the Creator. I am just more mindful, aware, and grateful this past year which I see as all part of a spiritual path. I have also become much more aware of time, and using it to the fullest to live a life that is in service to the Divine.
I have done the same, I would also add that I have not attended church since the virus.

Ive been using remote viewing to see which spiritual path may be the best for me. So far results that change from day to day so Ive got to figure out how to rv something that is as ephemeral as spirituality. Ive used associative rv before and thats what I am using now. So far its get out my rosary, like I was trained as achild, and then after that pray to creator the way I learned in the 80s and 90s. They both bring me peace but no real results. I am not a patient person and with this covid destroying people around me Ive gotten more anxiety prone. But I keep trying to be trusting. Pray, hope, and dont worry. Some person said once that if you pray dont worry, if you dont pray worry. I hate sayings and this one keeps popping up in my bird brain. BTW i fed a bird yesterday that looked at me a long time before eating out of my hand. Ive seen it before, its a little chickadee that is really cute. I think they are called blackcaps. They know me by face at the local park where the birds are to be fed by hand. They are third generation birds that are doing it ive heard. If i throw the seed on the ground they will go there first and avoid my hand which makes me laugh. But the one chickadee seems to like me. As long as i bring food i am welcome. Sounds familiar.

Goose, if you already know your way around a rosary I humbley suggest you just stay put. There is lots of ways to explore the Mysteries of the life of Christ.
Man I wish we were on the phone. I was out for a walk and I was praying the Rosary with my fingers, got to the Agony in the Garden and I swear I was there.
Heavy.

Debi's question. Yes it's different.

Ive been using remote viewing to see which spiritual path may be the best for me. So far results that change from day to day so Ive got to figure out how to rv something that is as ephemeral as spirituality. Ive used associative rv before and thats what I am using now. So far its get out my rosary, like I was trained as achild, and then after that pray to creator the way I learned in the 80s and 90s. They both bring me peace but no real results. I am not a patient person and with this covid destroying people around me Ive gotten more anxiety prone. But I keep trying to be trusting. Pray, hope, and dont worry. Some person said once that if you pray dont worry, if you dont pray worry. I hate sayings and this one keeps popping up in my bird brain. BTW i fed a bird yesterday that looked at me a long time before eating out of my hand. Ive seen it before, its a little chickadee that is really cute. I think they are called blackcaps. They know me by face at the local park where the birds are to be fed by hand. They are third generation birds that are doing it ive heard. If i throw the seed on the ground they will go there first and avoid my hand which makes me laugh. But the one chickadee seems to like me. As long as i bring food i am welcome. Sounds familiar.
I never had anxiety until i got over 50 and it has increased as ive now hit 60. I think it is the fear of aging and for me the fear of loosing loved ones. There is no changing the passing of time but there are some cooping skills we can imploy. meditation and prayer help me a lot, also exercise. If it helps, you are not alone and I think most of us face this.

Reactions: Walking Goose