Spiritbox/Spiricom

Primer

Reaction score
Hi all

Wondering if anyone knows, does the spiricom work on the same principles as the spiritbox? If not, in what ways do they differ? (technically speaking).

I've looked at some simplified schematics of spiricom, and I have a few more questions if anyone here has a deeper understanding.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't do the ghost hunting thing, but there are some here who do so hang in there till they see your post. I am sure you will get some replys.

Reactions: Selectric
Hi Primer, and welcome. I remember late in his run with C2C, Art Bell did a show on Spiricom. The guest, a PhD physicist, made a convincing argument the Spiricom was a fraud that used an artificial larynx. He cited a detailed article on Spiricom I read at the time, but I can't recall where it was published. If you're interested, when I have time I can see if I can find specifics of the C2C show and/or the article.

Hey Duke
Would love to listen to the show if you know where to find it.

From what I understand, spiricom has a signal and tone generator, which is transmitted and receive over FM, played through a speaker into a microphone.

And from what I understand from the spiritbox it uses sound instead of pure tones, from FM stations and cycles though frequencies and plays it through a speaker.

I'm not sure if the signal generator for the spiricom cycles, how it plays the tones in relation to how the signal generator works, but to me it seems like they are kind of similar in how they work. Happy to hear where I've gone wrong if I've misunderstood either spiritbox or spiricom.

Reactions: Lynne
Hey Duke
Would love to listen to the show if you know where to find it.

From what I understand, spiricom has a signal and tone generator, which is transmitted and receive over FM, played through a speaker into a microphone.

And from what I understand from the spiritbox it uses sound instead of pure tones, from FM stations and cycles though frequencies and plays it through a speaker.

I'm not sure if the signal generator for the spiricom cycles, how it plays the tones in relation to how the signal generator works, but to me it seems like they are kind of similar in how they work. Happy to hear where I've gone wrong if I've misunderstood either spiritbox or spiricom.
I can't find the actual show on line, but it was broadcast on 25 Sept 2009. The guest was Dr Stephen Rorke.

The article (from "Fate") I mentioned is included in this bigger picture article written in 2017.

Reactions: Lynne