Spirit Animals

I took the quiz. I matched up with a snake. So much for a wolf.
There is nothing written in stone on which spirit animal speaks to you, Wolf. Some people actually have several animals. My Owl came to me in a dream so vivid I can see it clearly to this day...and that dream was long ago in childhood/teen years.

A lot of people have wolf based avatars. I think that of all animals the wolf reaches out to people more than most because they are in so many ways similar to people. They live in large family groups and while they have a reputation for violence and viciousness they are also closely related to man's best friend. I have had a half-wolf, half-husky and he was not really a pet so much as a family member with his place and responsibilities. He was wickedly intelligent and seemed to understand language to an amazing extent. He was huge (80+ pounds) and very protective but also the gentlest creature that I have ever seen with children. He loved to play with my daughter and her friends but also watched over them.

I have always felt a connection to the wolf both in my dreams and in my nature. It was this connection that led to me taking in two-part wolf/dogs over the years from people that had troubles with them. If you treat them like dogs and expect their total submission you are going to have trouble with them if they are in any way alpha animals. They are more than willing to be a partner in your life but an alpha will never be a fully dominated pet. If you treat them as a member of the family that is what they will be and you will have a FRIEND for life.

All of my life the wolf has been my spirit guide and has influenced my nature. I loved to run the woods especially at night and always sort of felt my guides near and with me most strongly when I was alone and in the woods. It is not that I think that I am a wolf. Rather I think it is that I most closely identify with their nature and so feel drawn to many of their ways. While I am a very social person, I am very comfortable alone and in places that many find uncomfortable. At times I am a very solitary person...

PS: I wrote the above before I read the article. It was rather interesting in the parallels.

Last edited:
I took the quiz and got snow goose. I have a funny story about geese; (not necessarily the snow kind) I was visiting my sister in law and my niece and nephew in NJ. They lived in a new development that had a body of water nearby and lots of geese hung out there. My niece, who was about fourteen at that time, joined me for a walk. Seeing the geese, I told her that it was possible to communicate with them without speaking. She didn't believe me, so I told her to go on over to them. When she got there, I telepathically told them to "Beware" of my niece. They began squawking and growing agitated. They chased her half way up the road, and we all had a good laugh.

Geese are BAD to the bone!! I have sat and watched a goose chase dogs, cats, horses and bulls out of his territory. He even would threaten me but we fought one round and after that, he pretended to ignore me when I was in his area. They are great guard animals and nothing is going to sneak up on you if you have geese on your property. A small flock will even protect your chickens from foxes and raccoons.

Geese are BAD to the bone!! I have sat and watched a goose chase dogs, cats, horses and bulls out of his territory. He even would threaten me but we fought one round and after that, he pretended to ignore me when I was in his area. They are great guard animals and nothing is going to sneak up on you if you have geese on your property. A small flock will even protect your chickens from foxes and raccoons.
I have heard that about geese! If we ever get a nice rural property, I fully intend to have a flock.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
I am curious as to how you fought the goose ? they chase me around the back but if I come out with a broom they vamoose.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozentity
I was handling hogs and had a stock cane in my hand so he got WHACKED and then I chased him into the pond. After that, we just ignored each other.

I was handling hogs and had a stock cane in my hand so he got WHACKED and then I chased him into the pond. After that, we just ignored each other.
To the celts the Goose was an animal of protection since they are so nasty. That said I have a tame one that we call rudy that lives in my pond now year long as his wing was broken a year ago by someone driving way too fast down the drive. He is smart as heck and comes and sits with me when I sit in the backyard. I never knew goose were smart. We had a mom and her goslings in the pond this year for awhile. Those babies were real cute when little and then they looked like the baby dinos in jurrasic park as the summer went on. I never saw such unattractive geese as that bunch. The funny thing is they all looked the same when they flew away about a week ago.