Son's Ghost

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A grieving mother in Atlanta was stunned when her home security system was seemingly triggered by an appearance from the spirit of her late son. The eerie moment reportedly occurred last week while Jennifer Hodge was watching television with her daughter and was alerted by her phone that something was amiss in their home. According to their security system, an intruder had entered the kitchen and set off the camera.

Their initial concern quickly gave way to astonishment when they looked at the phone and spotted what appeared to be an apparition standing in the kitchen. Making the anomaly all the more remarkable, Hodge said, is that the ghostly figure bore an uncanny resemblance to her son who passed away two years ago. Throwing caution to the wind, the mother and daughter dashed off to the kitchen to investigate the situation and were mystified when they saw that there was no one in the room.

For their part, Hodge is certain that the spooky incident was the spirit of her departed son making a visit to the family's home as a way of saying goodbye. While skeptics may say that the heartbroken mother's opinion is merely wishful thinking, it's noteworthy that something in the kitchen had to have set off the camera and, considering that, the timing of the figure appearing in the room is decidedly curious. What's your take on the image?

I just saw this story reported here locally. All I can say is WOW! How do you argue with something that strong?
I think many times debunkers grab at anything and everything to expain stuff away. This is one of those cases I think is real and an honest paranormal exprience!

Reactions: ozentity
I think many times debunkers grab at anything and everything to expain stuff away. This is one of those cases I think is real and an honest paranormal exprience!

I think most motion detectors in home alarm systems are passive infrared sensors that detect heat emitted by anyone entering their range. Doesn't the area around ghosts get cold? At least that's what they show on the paranormal programs. I wonder if an infrared system would be triggered by cold?

I think most motion detectors in home alarm systems are passive infrared sensors that detect heat emitted by anyone entering their range. Doesn't the area around ghosts get cold? At least that's what they show on the paranormal programs. I wonder if an infrared system would be triggered by cold?
Normally that is correct. But I have heard of them being triggered by things. Here's one of them:

A motion detector sees movement, but it relies on what that movement is doing. Namely, changing the light or shadow levels as it goes by. Because that's how these sensors work, it's possible that the way a tree is blowing in the wind and casting patterns on the carpet can be enough to set off a motion detector.

Normally that is correct. But I have heard of them being triggered by things. Here's one of them:

A motion detector sees movement, but it relies on what that movement is doing. Namely, changing the light or shadow levels as it goes by. Because that's how these sensors work, it's possible that the way a tree is blowing in the wind and casting patterns on the carpet can be enough to set off a motion detector.

Those must be either radar or laser based. Possible there could have been such systems in the woman's house, but I would think those would be more expensive and intended for commercial or high end security work. Regardless, however, it's fascinating the "ghost" triggered the system that took the video. I've seen similar video images, but they came from continuously running systems that are downloaded to either video tape or a hard drive. The two that come to mind were taken in the lot of an auto repair facility around a car involved in a fatal mishap, and a tourist attraction castle/manor (UK?).

Well the kitchen would be the place a young man would visit. Perhaps he wanted to let his mom know he was still around. I hope he is not stuck and just visiting. That poor woman. What a heartbreaking story.

Reactions: PratchysRevenge