Something recent

PratchysRevenge

Reaction score
Like I’ve said in some of my recent posts, as a child I had some experiences I’ll never forget. And I had wrote off that in my adult life things have been rather calm.

Well, there has been a thing happening lately. And night before last was the third time it’s happened. We have a light over the toilet in the bathroom. On three different occasions we’ve awoken in the middle of the night to find the light on.

We love sleeping in a pitch black house. No nightlights. Dark! We both need it dark to sleep. So if we went to bed and had accidentally left that light on one of us would have realized it.

Two nights it was back to back. My wife woke up thinking someone was in the house. I went in there and just switched off the light. My explanation was , and I believe it to me true, that the bulb is bad. I went in there recently and switched on the light and nothing. Bad bulb. But I didn’t climb up there and change it. So my logic says the switch got left on and during the night the bulb made up (vibration or something) and the light just came on.

So for several nights in a row I’d always make sure that switch was off when I’d go to bed. Well I quit being diligent about it and night before last she woke up and the light was on.

I collect antiques and stuff. Is it possible to bring something home in an antique store treasure? My mom lived here when she was sick in her final days. Could it be mom?

Good morning PR, I’ve posted a thread here about the light in my closet being turned on intermittently. After enough occurrences I decided that it was probably my Dad because of a long childhood history of me turning lights on then him walking behind me and immediately turning them off.

In my case, the related light switch was clearly in the “on” position. I would carefully check the switch position each morning and ensure the light was off but sometimes return home to have it on again.

I’m not experienced enough with haunted objects but others will likely comment on your question soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: PratchysRevenge
Yeah. Like I said, I’m a collector of sorts. Not expensive stuff. I’m more into primitives.

I recently saw a Robert Earl Keen post on Instagram where he had this real cozy reading corner in his den and there was this Big Ben Moonbeam alarm clock. I really found its Art Deco styling attractive so I found one on eBay and bought it.

Almost immediately the bathroom light started acting up. If you know anything about the Moonbeam, it’s not an audible alarm clock. The light in it flashes to wake you up. I contacted the eBay seller to see if it was a parent’s alarm clock. The seller knew nothing. It was purchased at an estate sale and they were just flipping it.

Yeah. Like I said, I’m a collector of sorts. Not expensive stuff. I’m more into primitives.

I recently saw a Robert Earl Keen post on Instagram where he had this real cozy reading corner in his den and there was this Big Ben Moonbeam alarm clock. I really found its Art Deco styling attractive so I found one on eBay and bought it.

Almost immediately the bathroom light started acting up. If you know anything about the Moonbeam, it’s not an audible alarm clock. The light in it flashes to wake you up. I contacted the eBay seller to see if it was a parent’s alarm clock. The seller knew nothing. It was purchased at an estate sale and they were just flipping it.
I think your instincts are probably right. I’d try putting the clock out in the garage or shed if you have one. See if the activity stops. Better yet loan it to someone and see if they get the same activity. If the light goes on with the item out of the house you can at lease eliminate the object.

I think your instincts are probably right. I’d try putting the clock out in the garage or shed if you have one. See if the activity stops. Better yet loan it to someone and see if they get the same activity. If the light goes on with the item out of the house you can at lease eliminate the object.
I agree with you, Lynne.

Over the years, lights flashing have been more connected to spirits of those who have passed trying to let us know they are OK. However, that doesn't rule out anything else, that's just more the norm. Unless you are SLIder, and then electirical interference is kind of a way of life. I'm well known for causing flashing lights or blowing them up when my energy is too high and not shielded.

Reactions: Lynne