something is in my house

nel

Reaction score
I'm new but have been lurking for less then a year, i've been reading and seeing some nice advice and i need some advice. just a little info, I am native american. we have had paranormal stuff happen here before and it stopped for the longest time but now its kicked back up.

i will keep this short. last week my wife witnessed a can of pringles lift up and slam on our stove while she was making our kids lunch. a few days earlier my teenage daughter said she heard someone breathing heavy in her room and it freaked her out, she refused to sleep in the room that night. (i just laughed at all this)

fast forward to a thursday or friday night. my wife went to smug the house, she started on the top floor and worked her way downstairs. i was seated at my PC which is located near the kitchen. she starts to smudge downstairs and as soon as she hits the kitchen, she very loudly said "you're not welcome here, GET OUT".
as soon as that is said she turns around and walks towards me, all of a sudden there is a loud growl over my right shoulder, i said "shhhhhh, listen" so she stops and is quiet. all of a sudden the is a loud growl but now its over my left shoulder and she hears it and said "wtf was that", we both got freaked out but continued with the sage.

so my question is, what am i dealing with? why does it keep coming back? why is it now bothering my daughter?

i have an idea of why thing keep coming back so i will share it with you guys. my wife works in a pharmacy, i believe she deals with people who might have things attached to them and it just follows her home. i also work with a lot of people, so i come into contact with random people everyday and something could easily be attracted me to and maybe i bring it home with me.

i have more stories about the paranormal, so feel free to ask about those. thanks guys

Hi, Nel, and glad you have come in from the land of Lurk. First, you are Native American. I'm half Cherokee, and I will tell you that for some reason we tend to be like little beacons to these things. No one knows why, but we are, so it's going to take a few extra steps to guard you and your family on a day to day basis. May I ask if you follow Native traditional religion or if you have any religious preference at all? I ask simply so I can give you ways to deal with this within your preferred spirituality.

Well, if it growls, that ain't good. It's always difficult to tell what you have in a home, but you can simply say at this point that's definitely negative. And if it's now bothering your daughter, then that is unacceptable.

Is this home new to you, been redone recently with renovations? Anything of an antique nature brought into the home? Anyone done anything different recently like Ouija boards, etc?

That is definitely creepy, and it sounds like whatever it is it really didn't like the fact that your wife was using the sage. From the knowledge I have when ever a spirit of entity reacts negatively to sage it is definitely on the more negative side. I am not sure if the entity is attached to your wife or yourself, it could even be attached to something in your house of even your house itself. My question is does the activity tend to only happen when certain people are around or does it just happen in general? Also you mention before that the activity has happened in the past did this happen in the same house that you are currently in?

Reactions: nel
i forgot to mention, both of my parents are Pomo from 2 different tribes, so i've always been raised around our religion. At family gatherings we pray in native language before meals, when there is a death we bury our own with native beads / accessoires that were blessed and made from an elder at the said persons childhood.

i follow certain traditions but i do not go to church or anything like that.

being native ive always been told, watch who you have around and watch who you come into contact with because something can easily attach to you.

we have been in the same place for almost 9 years and only had this try of activity within the last 2 years. we had 2 sliding glass doors and 2 from windows replaced about a year ago. now i forgot about this, my father inlaw used to own a second hand store but runs a different buisness now. he is always showing up with random stuff and i've always wondered if something he gave us had something come into the house with it, at this point i couldn't prove this but its always in the back of my mind. we dont play with those because i was always told not to but recently i found out my wife had a ouija key chain from when she was a kid (i think i might have even thrown it away, not sure).

That is definitely creepy, and it sounds like whatever it is it really didn't like the fact that your wife was using the sage. From the knowledge I have when ever a spirit of entity reacts negatively to sage it is definitely on the more negative side. I am not sure if the entity is attached to your wife or yourself, it could even be attached to something in your house of even your house itself. My question is does the activity tend to only happen when certain people are around or does it just happen in general? Also you mention before that the activity has happened in the past did this happen in the same house that you are currently in?

when it first started here it only effect my wife and i always blew it off and laughed. it only showed itself to me once, i was walking downstairs to get ready for work and i happened to turn around before i hit the bottom of the stairs and i saw a tall shadow figure standing at the top of the stairs to the left of the bathroom door. i also had a penny tossed at me while i was taking a shower and i never figured out how that happened.

when it first started my wife said she would hear kids laughing in the upstairs bathroom and she would get creeped out. one night she said she was getting ready for bed and as she was walking out of the bathroom "something" ran into her and she felt the impact, so she yelled at my son not to be running in the hall ( she didnt have her contacts in). come to find out both of my kids were sound asleep in their bed and we dont own any pets, so that was one of the many things that made us ask for help from our family.

Reactions: Debi
Well, the main thing is to be rid of this, and yes, being native you have to watch who is around you. It's like that extra step of vigilance in this case. So, to start with, if you have a Shaman who can come in and do some cleansing/blessing work in the home I would give that a try right away. It may have followed one of you home but it sounds like it has set up residence there as you are not reporting any abnormal behavior or depression, etc. from yourself or the family as you would find in a personal attachment. Sounds more like it got a ride to your home and then moved in.

If it was attached to something brought in, a Shaman may be able to sense which item or to at least be able to cleanse the house in it's entirety. Since it reacted to the sage, it certainly acts like a negative, as Whitney said. I would not only use sage, but try sweet grass as well to pull in some positive energy to push it further out.

You can also try salting. Are your floors hardwood or not carpeted?

The next thing to do is exactly what your wife did. Tell it to get out. It's unwanted, unwelcome, and has to leave. Claim the house as your own. This is best done as a family. More intention and force in a family unit, as these things normally try to disrupt the family.

The fact that it is showing itself is not surprising. They feed off fear. And they normally try to go after a female first, so your wife was first target. You have a teenage daughter as well who may also be feeding this thing energy without even knowing it with her fear. Stand united as a family against it.

Next thing to know is these things lie. They can also take any form they wish....even children. When you do tell it to leave, make it clear it is not allowed to touch you or anyone in the family, nor is it allowed to try and scare you.

If this is a full demonic problem, you are going to need some help. Clergy is always necessary to get a demon out, IMO. I've been doing this 60 of my 65 years and never seen a true demon leave without some help from clergy of some sort, and that includes Shamans in that clergy source.

I'm going to attach a prayer that can be very useful for portection. It spans all religions and is a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel. Use it. Make copies of it if you need to and even leave it in rooms. Also, a St. Benedict medal is extremely helpful in protection of your home. I have worn one for years or carried one at all times. You can get them online.

st_michael_archangel_guidoreni-wallpaper_big21 (Small).jpg

i have support and my parents have said they will come in and bless the house, my uncle also can do the same.

i didnt mention this but i think it might be because my daughter is able to heal / see things, apparently it runs in the family.

when she was a maybe 5? she was sacred of a plush toy of the loony toons taz , she would scream and cry her eyes out and we never figured out why. fast forward a few weeks later, she tells her grandpa that when hes not home she hears his voice telling her "let me out, i cant open the door." "i just wanna play with ******, please let me out" (her brothers name).

so we bring in my aunt who deals with stuff like this and as soon as she walked into our old house she said " there is something up stairs and it looks like but has goat legs" we never told her that she would cry at the sight of this toy. she also explained that it was trying to get to my son who was maybe 9 months old at the time and it would try to get my daughter to let it out. this is when i found out from my aunt that she might have powers to see thing and or heal others bc it runs in our family but only in the woman.

Next thing to know is these things lie. They can also take any form they wish....even children. When you do tell it to leave, make it clear it is not allowed to touch you or anyone in the family, nor is it allowed to try and scare you.

If this is a full demonic problem, you are going to need some help. Clergy is always necessary to get a demon out, IMO. I've been doing this 60 of my 65 years and never seen a true demon leave without some help from clergy of some sort, and that includes Shamans in that clergy source.

I'm going to attach a prayer that can be very useful for portection. It spans all religions and is a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel. Use it. Make copies of it if you need to and even leave it in rooms. Also, a St. Benedict medal is extremely helpful in protection of your home. I have worn one for years or carried one at all times. You can get them online.

View attachment 15882

thank you, i have this prayer card that was given to my from my mom when she helped us last year. i talked to my wife about salting and spreading holy water on the windows and doors. we have carpet in all the rooms and grass in the front our the house.