Some interesting experiences.

Valoriant

Reaction score
**Note, this experience that I describe in this post took place in about 2012 or 2013. This is not the type of experience where a person could as easily dismiss this due to an event taking place decades previous or something like that. Given this was literally just a handful of years ago, the experience is still quite vivid and clear in my memory.

Hello - As a bit of a preface I will say that I am not in any way religious, nor am I even sold on the idea of any afterlife. In fact, I highly doubt there is any afterlife, but these handful of stories are the only experiences I've had that keep my mind from being entirely closed on the idea, (at least coming from personal experience instead of purely science and what we know "should" be the case in this world, so far, if that makes sense). I also simply find these stories and experiences interesting and entertaining, with that being said, I'd love to engage in conversation with this community!

So for the first experience, the most clear to me simply because I seen it the most clearly, had experienced it with a friend of mine, and any explanation I can come up with is still odd and unlikely.

So, at around the age of 13, maybe 14, my friend and I had planned to hang out later that day. Nothing, of course was odd at this point, his parents were going to leave and they wouldn't be back until around 3 in the morning that night, so we were just going to hang out, play video games, and just talk about things. What we wanted for our futures and other things that people around that age talk about normally. We liked to go outside very late at night and into the early mornings and just walk around our town or the immediate area surrounding his home, which was over a couple of miles from our town. This was also during the early winter months, it was probably around 10 degrees, snowing a bit, but not so cold that we, (as kids who grew up just being outside and being from the north eastern US, where it is normal to be very cold during winters, were bothered by it and didn't have a problem spending an entire night outside in it, but I digress. After we get done playing some video games, we go outside for a walk, only a short walk up and down his road. He and his parents were the only ones there. They lived at the time, on a private camp ground, and everyone else who stayed there during the summer was long gone. My friends family had no options to move even if they wanted to at the time, so they stayed there all year round. During our walk back, we were just laughing and joking like normal, until I happened to look just beyond my friends shoulder, and watched as a person, or at least a human figure, if you will, walked by us, making no sound on the cold, wet and frozen ground, about 20 feet away, and despite it being only 10 degrees or less, at around midnight while it was snowing and raining slightly on a week day, no less, either simply had no clothes on or had skin tight clothes with very short shorts. This person, or whatever it may or may not have been, walking in 10 degrees of weather, on frozen ground, practically or actually naked, making no sound either of us could hear, and had extremely pale skin. I'm sure many people here have probably seen a dead body, either because of some accident, or just having a family member pass away and going to an open casket viewing or something. This person was very clearly at least as pale as a dead body, and we could not see any breathe, which, again, given the temperature, was very easy to see. I've seen many dead bodies throughout my life, at viewing for family and other incidents that I've seen, I've also seen people who were extremely sick and were literally about to die. None of those people or those bodies have ever been nearly as pale. This figure was sort of glowing, almost, because they were so pale in the night. They were extremely thin, had to have been around or over 6'2, given how they were standing at almost equal height to us, since we were on the road and the road was raised up 2-3 feet compared to the rest of the the ground around it

Now why am I so sure there wasn't simply anyone else around that simply stayed at the private camp ground a while longer than anyone else? A handful of reasons. 1 - when in a small community of less than 300 people, you already practically know roughly what everyone has going on in their lives. Much more so when it comes to the only 15 or so people that also live around you, secluded from the rest of the ~300 or so people in the rural community we lived in. Everyone else that stayed there during the summer were rich people who had jobs in cities over a hundred miles away on the other side of the state, (PA), or retired and chose to go vacationing during those winter months in other countries or warmer states. 2 - Being young idiots, lets just say that we'd look in places that we shouldn't have, and we knew for certain, that each of those small campers were empty, and had been for some time at that point, given a few months previously, there was a flood that had destroyed all of the previous trailers and much of the grounds around the camp ground.

(I will note here just for clarification purposes, that the camp ground my friend lived on, was basically just a small strip of land that only had enough space between the woods and fields for the few campers that had been placed there after the flood. This small strip of land in between strips of woods and fields is only about 400 yards long, and directly by a large river that runs through the valley that our town is situated in).

3 - Ignoring anything we did to confirm everyone had left, we later checked with the owner of the Association that owns the ground, and my friends parents once they returned, and confirmed there was no one else that was there by this time and there were even cameras placed around the road leading to it, and along the river and pointing to the woods by now since some people were stealing things from the ruins after the flood. Meaning, unless they simply had already been inside of the perimeter that was created by the cameras, there simply wouldn't be any way for us to not know someone entered the small camp ground. We would have seen them easily, on camera or ourselves if they had just simply walked in or drove down somewhere at some point. Unless this person went full commando and swam into the camp ground from the river, at least. They should not have been able to have been there at all from the start, let alone getting within a few feet from us on open ground without us seeing or hearing them.

Here is where I will explain some of the history of this area, the land specifically that this camp ground is on, since this might just be relevant too. As many areas around north eastern PA, this camp ground, and the surrounding town and area of the valley as a whole, has a lot of history with native Americans. The private camp ground specifically was situated directly by fields where Indians, and other settlers and pilgrims use to have small settlements along the river. Even today if I go back there to that same area by the river, I can easily dig a fairly shallow hole and find arrowheads, evidence of old camp fires, and tools made from stone along the shoreline. Whether this is of any relevance, I don't know, but it's an interesting fact regardless that might have something to do with the experience, if it was indeed "paranormal". This next bit was possibly just our imagination, but after we seen this person and quickly walked back to his camper, for the rest of the night, we both simply felt like we were being watched through the windows. Everything we did, we both felt as if we were being studied. This feeling didn't leave me until a couple of months later.

I will also note, as this might be of some relevance as well, that my father had died not long before in 2011. If there was some sort of paranormal experience, if such a thing does even exist, maybe this is relevant too.

What do you guys think of my experience? I only have a couple of others that truly raise the question in my mind of the possibility of some other "beings" that exist that we don't entirely understand yet. Given this post is already long enough, I will only tell my other experiences in a separate thread or as a reply to this one, if anyone cares about them after reading this. If you want to tell me it was simply our imaginations, that it was a ghost, or whatever, feel free! Like I said at the beginning, despite being mostly against, even I'll admit a bit aggressive in dismissing "spiritual" encounters, it still interests me regardless, and given this is one of the few things I can't think of any decent explanation for, I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts on it too. What it could have been and so on!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience.

You may never know what you saw because there are many possibilities. It could have been a ghost, a visiting spirit, elemental, inter dimensional being, alien etc. I think the importance for you may lie in what you take away from seeing it. Sometimes these things happen to aid us in our spiritual growth, give us warnings, show us a new way to view something. Were you personally changed in any way after this? Was your friend ? Discovering your own feelings about it may point you in the right direction of what it was.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience.

You may never know what you saw because there are many possibilities. It could have been a ghost, a visiting spirit, elemental, inter dimensional being, alien etc. I think the importance for you may lie in what you take away from seeing it. Sometimes these things happen to aid us in our spiritual growth, give us warnings, show us a new way to view something. Were you personally changed in any way after this? Was your friend ? Discovering your own feelings about it may point you in the right direction of what it was.

That's a fair response. Thanks for welcoming me! I do suppose we both changed quite a bit after that. Whether or not any change was directly related or not, I don't know. I suppose that there was one specific feeling that I even occasionally still get - the feeling of being studied, that never happened before that night. That much I am fairly sure about, either way.

Could you tell me more about these elemental beings you mentioned? Or maybe link to a site I could read more about them from? You also mentioned ghosts and spirits, what might be the difference? Thanks for taking your time to reply!

That was an interesting experience, thanks for sharing that with us. And welcome to the forums! I hope to read more of your experiences!

That's a fair response. Thanks for welcoming me! I do suppose we both changed quite a bit after that. Whether or not any change was directly related or not, I don't know. I suppose that there was one specific feeling that I even occasionally still get - the feeling of being studied, that never happened before that night. That much I am fairly sure about, either way.

Could you tell me more about these elemental beings you mentioned? Or maybe link to a site I could read more about them from? You also mentioned ghosts and spirits, what might be the difference? Thanks for taking your time to reply!
There are others with much more experience with these things but I will attempt to answer your questions.
Ghosts vs spirit... I believe a ghost is a disembodied soul that has not crossed over to the divine realm for whatever personal reason. A spirit is a disembodied soul that has crossed over but can visit at will.

Elementals... I believe are beings that are associated with nature and the care of it. Fairy’s , Gnomes, Trolls, etc. They seem to be inter dimensional entities that have a different space and time here.