Solar Min. to freeze our buns off

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Lack of sunspots to bring record cold, warns NASA scientist - Ice Age Now

Lack of sunspots to bring record cold, warns NASA scientist

“It could happen in a matter of months,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center.

“The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age,” wrote Dr Tony Phillips just six weeks ago, on 27 Sep 2018.

Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018 and Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding, says Phillips, editor of spaceweather.com.

Data from NASA’s TIMED satellite show that the thermosphere (the uppermost layer of air around our planet) is cooling and shrinking, literally decreasing the radius of the atmosphere.

To help track the latest developments, Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center and his colleagues recently introduced the “Thermosphere Climate Index.”

The Thermosphere Climate Index (TCI) tells how much heat nitric oxide (NO) molecules are dumping into space. During Solar Maximum, TCI is high (meaning “Hot”); during Solar Minimum, it is low (meaning “Cold”).

“Right now, it is very low indeed … 10 times smaller than we see during more active phases of the solar cycle,” says Mlynczak

Record cold in a matter of months

“If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold,” says Mlynczak. “We’re not there quite yet, but it could happen in a matter of months.”

We are running about 20 degrees below normal here in Indy right now. And yup! That white stuff is forecast for tomorrow here!

Solar flares we're fraquent for a few years everyone worried about the earth losing certain technical abilitys I wonder if the solar flares have anything to do with protecting the Earth's atmosphere from going into an ice age I think of the universe as a living organism and the stars as a sort of nucleus that sends antibiotic's to heal certain areas.

I think of the universe as a living organism and the stars as a sort of nucleus that sends antibiotic's to heal certain areas.

I think of the universe, or everything actually, as being one larger living entity also..... I think we need a reverse microscope...( I know that's a telescope...lol.) so instead of looking at microscopic levels we can look at what is on the bigger plane....are we just a cell or virus in a larger living organism??.... ok im just rambling, ill stop now before it sounds too weird....lol.... just leave it with I do think that everything is connected.

I hate winter already. This is awful news.